NodeJs Developer (1 year contract)
We are a dynamic tribe that consists of hunters, innovators, entrepreneurs, strategists, geeks, industry experts, and of course, a village chief. We create new growth opportunities and drive efficiency through innovation and the adoption of disruptive technologies.
At KPMG Digital Village, we empower end to end approach from design to development of the products for our clients mainly focused on emerging technology solutions. We advise our clients on applicable use cases of emerging technologies and enable the use of such technologies through development and co-creation to help our clients become disruptors and leaders in their respective industries.
We are seeking extraordinary talents who are able to use their passion for technology and consulting, to design and implement the right solutions that set businesses on a successful trajectory. Your Role In The Village:
As a Back-end Developer, you will be involved in taking projects from concept to reality. Working closely with our Digital Village colleagues and clients to develop solutions from prototypes and minimum-viable-products (MVP) to full-scale production. With your experience and knowledge, you will propose innovative solutions leveraging emerging technology which can be used to meet the evolving demands of clients.
As a Backend Developer, you will be responsible to:
The Ideal Villager:
- Work with Product Designers to develop and implement next-generation products
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Interact with other team members to incorporate their innovations and vice versa
- Participate in agile software development, prototyping and code reviews with a team of developers.
- Fast Learner - although you may not know all the technologies and methodologies out there, you are willing to learn quickly and apply it effectively. If you feel learning can never stop, this is the role for you.
- Team First Mentality - we are a tightly knit team that lean on each other and teach each other.
- Familiarity with Git or other source control methods
- Knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Experience working with SQL, NoSQL and designing schemas.
- Have deployed applications to a Cloud environment (AWS, Azure, GCP, Heroku) and containerization (Docker/Kubernetes).
- Understanding of test-driven development (TDD) and the desire to write tests.
- Familiar with Continuous Integration / Delivery methodology.
- Track record of successful development projects with at least 3 years of relevant experience.
- Knowledge of the Linux stack, and comfort with Bash commands
- Experience with web application security and incorporating security into the software development lifecycle
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by KPMG Talent Acquisition team and personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.