OC&R Risk & Regulatory Oversight #107009
- Singapore Singapore Singapore SG
- Permanent, Full time
- Credit Suisse Asia
- 19 Jun 18 2018-06-19
OC&R Risk & Regulatory Oversight #107009
Operations Control and Risk (OC&R) advise, support and challenge Group Operations management who are responsible for the financial, reputational and regulatory risks of Operations. We provide risk and control expertise by working closely with Operations Line areas. We also interact with other CS groups such as Compliance, Financial Accounting, Product Control, Internal Audit and Risk Management. Our vision is to continue to drive the control culture within Group Operations, while helping our partners consistently comply with all external regulatory and internal policy demands.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated individual to apply for an open role in Risk and Regulatory Oversight.
Your main responsibilities include:
1. Facilitate Group Operations compliance with key regulatory and financial responsibilities such as S404 of Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOx) and General Ledger attestation (GLAO). This includes:
i. Provide review and challenge during the month-end GLAO sign-off process significant GLAO breaks and track items for timely resolution
ii. Work in partnership with Group Operations account owners to identify and escalate key GLAO control issues impacting the monthly GLAO sign-off and that these are remediated timely
iii. Work in partnership with Group Operations account owners to ensure that the issues are escalated and remediated timely
i. On-board new entities brought in scope for SOxOn-board new entities brought in scope for SOx
ii. Perform look-across of SOx controls to ensure completeness and consistency
iii. Review existing SOx controls and additional requirements, and validate that these controls mitigate risk
iv. Provide appropriate review and challenge on issues impacting SOx process and testing, including all material control issues/breakdowns
v. Perform oversight on SOx Control Improvement Plan and track for timely closure
2. Coordinate actions required such as capture of MyIncidents and raising of SOx Control Matter.
3. Analyze GLAO and SOx QAR results and remediation plans; identify areas of weaknesses requiring enhanced focus; initiate and/or perform thematic review or Operations Risk Assessment where required.
4. Represent Group Operations in APAC entities Town Controllers meetings
5. Provide guidance and training, where applicable, to Group Operations Line on GLAO policy and reconciliation standards and SOx Control owners on SOx policy.
6. Understand Internal Counterparty policy and associated risks; and perform oversight and challenge on Group Operations Line IC process.
1. Perform oversight and support the governance over Group Ops compliance with the Regulatory Reporting Framework. This includes:
a. Communicate policy updates; provide policy guidance and targeted training to Group Ops report owners, where applicable; issue guidance documents were required
b. Support Group Operations' compliance with the Framework including the on-boarding of new or changed regulatory reporting requirements
c. Provide review and challenge on regulatory reporting issues, viz. monitor compliance with policy requirements; incident write-ups; appropriateness of remediation plans
d. Perform read-across for lessons learnt and/or risk areas
e. Prepare materials and support the APAC Regulatory Risk Lead in the facilitation of APAC Regulatory Owners Forum
f. Provide MI, information cascades and escalate items for review/discussion in various Operations Forum
g. Perform targeted risk based thematic reviews; and coordinate remediation actions as mandated by Group Operations or OC&R Management
2. Assist APAC Regulatory Risk Lead in Singapore and Hong Kong entities regulatory inspections, enquiries, ad-hoc surveys and questionnaires. This includes:
a. Regulatory Inspections - work with Group Operations Line on inspection submissions; attend meetings as appropriate and coordinate information requests; provide secondary review of information to be submitted; and facilitate clarifications with Compliance
b. Regulatory enquiries, ad-hoc surveys and questionnaires - facilitate clarifications with Compliance; coordinate Group Operations Line timely responses and provide independent challenge on the responses
3. Assess key regulatory changes impacting Group Operations; facilitate Group Operations analysis of impact of these changes and provide independent challenge on new processes and/or controls to comply with these changes.
4. Participate in and act as the central coordinator for Group Operations in Compliance led projects (such as APAC Rule Mapping exercises). Provide independent challenge to Group Operations Line's responses.
This role provides the opportunity for the candidate to work in direct partnership with, and provide value add to Group Operations Management to strengthen Group Operations control over the risk and regulatory environment. It will also enable the candidate to:
1) Acquire an extensive knowledge of risk and issues arising from Group Operations and able to articulate, discuss and comment upon specific items with colleagues, peers and all levels of Group Operations management.
2) Be exposed to senior Group Operations management and be able to present to a critical audience with confidence and composure.
The candidate must be able of managing multiple streams of work and coordinating/working with various areas of the Bank within and outside of Group Operations concurrently as needed to ensure the effective execution of the Risk and Regulatory Oversight responsibilities. A degree in Accounting or Finance with experience in Operations and/or Audit, Risk Management and other control functions is preferred.
In addition, the candidate should be able to demonstrate:
1) Understanding of risk management framework and appreciation of risks and controls
2) Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
3) Exceptional teamwork, interpersonal, influencing and conflict resolution skills
4) Ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and work under pressure
5) Ability to engage and communicate effectively with various Group Operations teams and senior stakeholders