You would work closely with client traders, counterparties, custodians/prime brokers and accountants to settle financial transactions for clients trading in OTC derivatives and bank debts. The position is responsible for maintaining confirmation and settlement of trades. The candidate should provide strong internal controls and adherence to the Global Operations standards.
1. Process trade confirmation via verbal and electronic (eg Markitwire, DTCC) means for derivations transactions .
2. Process trades settlement.
3. Perform reconciliation of positions and cash. Follow up on discrepancies
4. Perform asset servicing such as periodic coupon payments and corporate actions.
5. Monitor collateral margin for clients and take appropriate actions on the movement of collaterals
6. Process purchase/sale of loans/ bank debts/trade claims and related ongoing administrations including loan interests collection, monitoring of amortizations and collaterals etc.
7. Process cash transfers and payments of invoices for funds
8. Liaise with clients, custodian banks, prime brokers and accounting to resolve any problems and provide assistance where necessary.
9. Achieve good understanding of the internal control environment and ensure compliance with internal policies and procedures, in particular the Global Operations Standards.
10. Undertake special projects as requested.
11. Provide coverage for other team members.
• University degree in finance/accounting or commensurate experience
• 2-4 years of relevant experience in the financial industry