Officer, Trade Finance Services Specialist
- Singapore Singapore Singapore SG
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank Of America / Merrill Lynch
- 24 May 18 2018-05-24
Officer, Trade Finance Services Specialist
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch:
Our purpose as a firm is to make financial lives better, through the power of every connection. Across the world, we partner with leading corporate and institutional investors through our offices in more than 40 countries. In the U.S alone, we serve almost all Fortune 500 companies and approximately 59 million consumers and small-business customers. We provide a full suite of financial products and services, from banking and investments to asset and risk management. We cover a broad range of asset classes, making us a global leader in corporate and investment banking, sales and trading.
Connecting Asia Pacific to the World
Our Asia Pacific team is spread across 23 offices in 12 markets. We are focused on connecting Asia to the world and the world to Asia, using our global expertise to ensure success is shared between us, our clients and our communities. Our regional footprint covers 12 currencies, more than a dozen languages and five time zones, placing us firmly among the region's leading financial services companies.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch is committed to attracting, recruiting and retaining top diverse talent from across the globe. Our diversity and inclusion mission is to actively promote an inclusive work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve personal success and contribute to the growth of our business. Each of our global Employee Networks bring together employees, create dialogue and awareness in support of our Diversity and Inclusion mission.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch is an equal opportunities employer.
Global Corporate Banking Technology and Operations is seeking to expand its services & infrastructure in Asia. The business is looking for dynamic and talented leaders to support the strategy in order to meet the growth demands from clients and client management groups. The incumbent for this position would be expected to lead regional functional work stream of providing services and advisory support to the corporate and financial institution clients through a world class strategic, scalable and efficient delivery model.
This role process and verify trade transactions according to bank's operational instructions and Trade policies.
- Pre-process & verify trade transactions according to the individual delegated authority, laid down procedures and standard of service.
- Understand and ensure the Service Level Agreement (SLA) are met
- To ensure all trade transactions are accurately processed (by BACI) / verified in accordance with the customers' instructions and according to the bank's operational instructions, procedures and policies and neither the customer nor the Bank is at risk.
- Ensure timely reconciliation and review of reports
- To maintain all quality standards to ensure customers' needs are met and that continued effort is made to exceed the customers' expectations.
- Monitor morale and constantly motivate supporting staff to ensure optimum level of productivity and service standards are achieved.
- Understand the risks associated with Products Processing and ensure that they are minimized.
- Ensure full awareness and compliance on the responsibilities for
1. Trade Policies
2. Group Policies / DTP relating to Operations matters
3. Legal & Compliance
4. Operational Risk management
5. Money Laundering Prevention / Countering the Financing of Terrorism
6. Sanction measures
and timely escalation of control failures based on the procedures laid down in the Escalation Policy
- Maintain good internal & external customer relationship by responding promptly, accurately to enquiries, or request for advice relative to new or outstanding transactions.
- To provide ad hoc support/ active participation (e.g. Country / Group Projects or initiatives).
- To provide support across the units relative to guidance for transaction processing and training of existing staff / new joiners in handling different products.
- To identify and report
- all exceptions on non-compliance with standard controls
- all weaknesses/ gaps inherent in the standard controls and identify controls and process improvements to be put in place
- To maintain and ensure
- Proper record keeping on all QA / ORM / Risks Control (Quality Assurance / Operations Risk Management) related activities are duly performed as assigned and completed timely.
- Good knowledge of the UCP 600, International Standard Banking Practice (ISBP), URDG758, ISP98 with minimum of 6 years' experience in Trade Operations.
- Prior Experience with Bank Guarantees, SBLCs preferred.
- Good command in English and legible handwriting.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft office skills (Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to plan and prioritize the daily work to achieve efficient and effective management of time.
- Able to perform accurate review and strong analytical skills
- Provide support to the Head of Trade Operations on the daily operations of the department.
- Possess strong ability to adapt to new challenges and strong teamwork.
- Possess a positive and supportive attitude
- Time Management Skills: Ensures that the given timelines are met and ability to prioritize based on the sensitivity and urgency of the transactions.
- Interpersonal Skills: Possess good communication and presentation skills with strong ability to interact with various stakeholders both internally and externally.
- Possess strong leadership skills
- Problem Solving Skills: Analyses routine / non-routine processes or operational problems of moderate to complex problems through structured research. May require to lead executing the modifications in existing processes / procedures to meet operational needs and changes.
- Possess strong Analytical Skills with keen eye for details to identify areas of improvements in achieving better efficiency and effectiveness in the area of work.
Posting Date: 11/05/2018
Singapore, , 50 COLLYER QUAY ,
Full / Part-time: Full time
Hours Per Week: 40