Operational Risk Coverage Programs Team Lead
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company headquartered in San Francisco (United States). Wells Fargo has offices in over 30 countries and territories. Our business outside of the U.S. mostly focuses on providing banking services for large corporate, government and financial institution clients. We have worldwide expertise and services to help our customers improve earnings, manage risk, and develop opportunities in the global marketplace. Our global reach offers many opportunities for you to develop a career with Wells Fargo. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Market Job Description
APAC Operational Risk ORCP Manager for Operational Risk Coverage Program (ORCP) will have oversight of the following risk types, Fiduciary and Investment Risk, External Fraud, Transaction, Processing, and Execution (TPE) Risk, Safety and Physical Security (SPS) Risk, Payments Risks, Implementation Risk and Data Management Risk. Job Responsibilities-
- Building a shared service model and leading a team charged with independent oversight of the front line operational risk management effectiveness focusing on the non-financial risk types that are covered by the Operational Risk Coverage Program that present a risk to the Regions, Countries and Legal Entities that operate internationally.
- Engaging with business and risk resources within the front line and across the firm through the agreed engagement model to influence and globally challenge ORCP risk management activities and decisions that present a risk to the international Legal Entities.
- As a thought leader and subject matter expert for the management of ORCP Risk Types and the associated regulations for the International regions and legal entities.
- Building out an effective Risk Management program from the ground up, inclusive of an affiliate program that meets global regulatory expectations and leverages best practice and industry expertise.
- Partnering with APAC Operational Risk functional leaders with all matters pertaining to ORCP risk coverage and oversight aligned to the businesses they support. In this capacity, this role reviews and challenges Front Line control execution, including, but not limited to fiduciary and investments, external fraud, safety and physical security, transaction processing and execution, data management and various risk assessment policies and programs.
- To leverage the Risk Management Framework, Operational Risk regulatory guidance as applicable to respective risk types, and those applicable policies to develop a detailed program plan that demonstrates an understanding of business strategy for the regions and legal entities, operational risk management, the international customer base, the international products and services that are provided to International by the parent and other relevant industry issues, frameworks and emerging risks.
- Providing input into strategy development, as the key drivers in execution of the work function, development of independent risk management metrics and reporting, and will also serve as the key partner for APAC Operational Risk, International ORCP leader and regional leadership to address Independent Risk Management of ORCP risk types and oversight from an International perspective.
- Leveraging past experience in working directly with international financial services regulators and executive committees, the APACs Operational Risk ORCP Manager will be called upon to create and present executive-level information on the broader ORCP risks types and issues across the Wells Fargo International portfolios that pose operational risks to the Regions and Legal Entities.
- Establish credibility and become a trusted 2 nd line leader that has earned the trust and respect of the stakeholders that ORCP services.
All functions of APAC Operational Risk ORCP manager will be executed in accordance to the agreed engagement model between Independent Risk Management teams including but not limited to APAC Operational Risk team and the International ORCP team.
Market Skills and Certifications
Skills & experience
- 7+ years of risk management or financial services industry experience, of which 5+ years must include direct experience in operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both.
- 5+ years demonstrating the ability to build out an effective Affiliate Program that covers regulatory expectations globally.
- 2+ years of leadership experience.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a highly matrixed environment
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to articulate complex concepts, and tell a crisp, concise story at a senior level
- Expert knowledge of Operational Risk rules and guidance across a variety of financial services regulators
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop written program materials, including executive level reporting
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization, and influence in a matrixed environment
- Direct experience in interaction with regulators
- Working in a large multi-national with a US parent and licensed legal entities internationally
- Oversight in a formally regulated financial services environment
- Understanding of formal governance structures - committee structures - committee participation - formal escalation
- Experience with the oversight within the construct of a legal entity with a parent that provides services that are considered "internal outsourcing" by international regulators.
Leadership Expectations at Wells Fargo
As a Team Member manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.