Operational Risk Manager , Group Operations & Technology
The staff coordinates and facilitates the implementation of the Bank Group's and regulators' policies, guidelines, methodologies and initiatives for proactive risk management in Operations departments.
He / She will work with Operations departments, Group Risk Division and Regulatory Compliance Unit on the following areas:
- Risk Identification
- Review audit issues and establish risk control measures to prevent recurrence of key risk issues.
- Provide independent operational risk review for new/changed processes to ensure adequate risk management before implementation.
- Understand the root causes associated with significant incidents and ensure risk controls measures are implemented to prevent recurrence.
- Usage of Data Analytics for identification of potential risk area
- Risk Assessment and Compliance Testing
- Validate and challenge the controls and risk documented in the RCSA/RRSA for new and existing processes.
- Design and drive testing methodology (e.g. stress testing, trip wire testing) for operational process.
- Lead process design with automation of controls in mind.
- Conduct and lead thematic testing on controls where required.
- Usage of Data Analytics for validation of controls compliance
- Risk Monitoring
- Provide periodic reporting on O&T risk profile / dashboard to management.
- Design interactive and predictive risk dashboard
- Risk Management Support, Education & Training
- Together with Group Risk Division and Regulatory & Compliance Unit, provide advisory services to Operations departments on risk and control implementation and initiatives.
- Provide support, education and training to staff on risk matters, where applicable.
- Establish operational risk management guidelines for Operations departments.
Support any ad-hoc projects as directed. Qualifications
- A good degree with at least 8 years of experience in Operations, Risk Management or Audit
- Strong acumen in risk management and controls. Able to analyse issues independently.
- Self-driven and results orientation. Able to work under pressure, multi-task, and lead through ambiguities.
- Team player with good written and communication skills to liaise effectively with people at all levels.
- Experience in working with senior management team - ability to collaborate, influence and challenge senior stakeholders
- Strong data analytics knowledge and skills. Preferably programming knowledge in data mining and analyse for non-structured information.