Our Client, As a leading global asset manager, we're dedicated to creating long-term value for our clients. The investment needs of our clients are at the heart of what we do. We offer a comprehensive range of investment solutions, as well as the very highest level of service and support.offers world-class investment solutions and retirement expertise to institutions, individuals and their advisors around the globe. We are partners with our clients on their journey to build better futures for them selves and generations to come.
The Middle Office team sits within the Operations Department. The team supports the front and back office on all operational matters relating to new product / fund launch initiatives and set up new markets and open new accounts with brokers/ counterparties for existing funds. This team also undertakes project manager role in change management projects approved by the management.
The job responsibilities of the individual include but not limited to:
Account Services (new & existing accounts)
- Set up new cash accounts, custody markets, and trading accounts requested by front office and ensure proper closure on termination of funds/portfolios
- Perform due diligence and periodic review of brokers/counterparties/service providers as required
- Liaise with legal, compliance, and front office on the documentation required for account opening and work closely with custodians, counterparties and brokers to furnish required on-boarding documentation.
- Addresses queries and facilitate requests from brokers/counterparties on KYC, SSI and authorised signatories lists matters.
- Primary contact between front and back office on all operational matters relating to new businesses.
- Advise business development team on operational processes, constraints, costs and other potential implications associated with the new product/fund/segregated account.
- Support investment division by facilitating projects and requirements between front and back office.
- Ensure all operational activities are well coordinated and all required service providers are engaged to support the initiation of a new business on a timely basis.
- Coordinate responses on funds’ document reviews, RFPs and tenders for the division.
- Degree holder with at least 2 years of working experience in a similar role
- Good understanding of investment instruments including derivatives
- Good analytical skills with a process improvement mindset
- Able to provide solutions and deliver results under pressure
- Meticulous individual with strong follow up and multi-task skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications