Operations Innovation Automation Lead - Support
The role sits within Schroders' Cognitive Science and Automation (CSA) Group. The group is responsible for Schroders' digital workforce - Configuration, implementation and optimisation.
The group engages and collaborates with other business teams within Schroders such as compliance and risk, business consulting, data and insights, and Global Technology to identify, prioritise and automate business processes. Once automated, the group is responsible for the ongoing support and optimisation of the digital workforce. Role Overview
- Designs, establishes and improves operating model for support team
- Implements and adjusts daily workflow for team members to improve efficiency
- Arranges, assigns, adjusts and monitors shifts to provide apt support coverage across offices internationally
- Provides guidance and develops team members to be responsive, proactive and effective in solving reported issues
- Provides regular status reports to management on incident management and incident rates
- Manages and makes recommendations on processes to be handed over to the support team
- Analyzes and identifies common issues with the aim to eliminate or minimize such incidents to improve stability of automated processes
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
- Designs, builds, tests and implements process automation using Robotics Process Automation tools
- Engages effectively with Business SMEs to understand and document the business requirements
- Engages effectively with multiple stakeholders across Technology and Business SMEs
- Manages configuration project deliverables through the automation lifecycle
- Analyzes and solve complex business problems with speed and efficiency and develop technology solutions to these problems
- Collaborates with other team members to ensure configuration priorities are aligned to overall strategy and business need
- Creates Process Design and Solution Design Documents
- Collaborates with the Cognitive Science and Automation (CSA) Group on process automation opportunity identification
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
- 3-5 years of working experience in RPA bot development/delivering automation solutions for enterprise-wide projects
- Experience conducting incident investigations, including analysis of an incident as well as performance evaluations of responders
- Strong knowledge and expertise in solution delivery for business covering - initial assessment, analysis, PoC, development, UAT, and maintenance/change request
- Deep expertise in software development, software testing methodologies, release management and operations processes and standards.
- Demonstrated project management experience in Agile (Scrum), project planning, execution, risk management, and resource management.
- Familiarity with incident management framework
- Flexibility, integrity, and creative problem-solving skills
- Expertise in managing escalations, including managing, prioritizing, and delegating multiple escalations at once.
- Experience with Blue Prism, UIPath, Automation Anywhere, Excel, SQL and Python (or at least 1 programming language).
- Experience in Process Automation and Monitoring in the intelligent automation space.
- Experience with cloud technologies: Infra as a service and Platform as a service.
- Prior consulting, advisory, or professional services experience.
What you'll be like
- Working knowledge of configuration Management and IT Service Management.
- Experience in asset management industry.
- Strong understanding of operational aspects of IT (ITIL, system administration, infrastructure support.)
- Experience in release management and operations procedures, configuration management, IT service management.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong sense of Team-first attitude
- Strong executive presence and be able to lead deep-dive technical discussions around design.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work well within a multi-disciplinary team structure, but also independently
- Ability to manage multiple deliverables and meet agreed deadlines
- Ability to manage and lead the support team
- Successful teamwork experience and demonstrated leadership abilities are required.