- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 12 Nov 17
Operations Manager, Desktop Services
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Please view Job Description for details.
- Reporting to the Head of Desktop Services, the Operations Manager will lead operations for the Desktop / VDI team
- As portions of the VDI service are operated by 3 rd parties, the Operations Manager will manage the vendor(s) VDI-related service delivery on a day to day basis
- The Operations manager will be responsible for the overall service, ensuring internal and 3 rd party functions are seamless integrated
- The Operations manager will work with the VDI delivery team and project manager to ensure the smooth operation of VDI during deployment of up to 40,000 VDI users over 3 years.
- The role will be responsible for overall VDI function-level communication, issues/risk management tracking, budget/spend, issue resolution and escalation
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Be accountable and responsible for day-to-day running and managing of the VDI service
- Proactively monitoring of SLAs, issues. Including resolving issues and initiating appropriate corrective action
- Managing communications and work collaboratively with all stakeholders internally and externally (wider ITO organization teams, Vendor management teams, Technology Services engineering teams, Audit & Risk, Regulatory, Vendors etc)
- Managing both the dependencies and the interfaces between internal teams and vendor-managed portions of the VDI service.
- Ensure compliance to the bank's policies and procedures
- Ensuring effective quality assurance across the function
- Supporting the Head of Desktop Services in all aspects of the VDI Function, including Stakeholder management, budgeting and recruitment
Qualifications and Skills
- Must have Desktop/VDI operations experience, with ability to create strucuture and run a team dealing with disparate functions
- Experience working with vendors providing large-scale IT Infrastructure manage services
- Banking or similar experience at a Large Corporate
- Effective leadership and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate a good balance between detailed and strategic activities
- Self-starter/ motivated/ deals effectively with ambiguity.
- Must have credibility with senior stakeholders
- Possess negotiation, communication, facilitation, efficient decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Understanding of Bank's Technology environment
The closing date for applications is 19/11/2017. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.