Operations Specialist, Front Office Support Services, Asset Transfer Validation (1 year contract)
At Bank of Singapore, we are constantly on the lookout for exceptional individuals to join our team. We promote a culture of openness, teamwork and fairness. Most importantly, we invest in our people through our programmes that develop them on both professional and personal levels. Besides attractive remuneration packages, we offer non-financial benefits and opportunities to develop your potential within OCBC Group’s global network of subsidiaries and offices. If you have passion, drive and the will to succeed, rise to the challenge today!
Bank of Singapore opens doors to new opportunities.
Start your career with Bank of Singapore as an Operations Specialist
in our Asset Transfer Validation
team! ! General Description
We are seeking a contractor within our Front Office Support Services (FOSS) function. The incumbent will handle pre-checks on all client related transactions prior to processing by Remittance team and to perform callback on related transactions. Responsibilities Pre-check on client related transactions
Callback on Asset and Non-asset Transfers
- Ensure all relevant approval is obtained and instruction provided by Business adheres to client's signing mandate
- Escalate any deviation to Standard Operations Procedure
- Coverage includes: Payments, Internal Transfer, Standby Letter of Credit/Banker's Guarantee, Letter of Undertaking, Cheques
- Ensure callback is conducted in accordance with procedures and policies
- Initiate call to clients to confirm and verify various transactions / instructions
- Retrieve and verify callback conducted by Front office
- Handle BAU type of queries/issues ensuring that the case is resolved or properly escalated in a timely manner.
- Act as a control unit and be able to identify risk issues in the course of interacting with the client/Front office
- Ensure that exception processing is completed exactly according to the conditions set in the approval
- Perform an end of day review to ensure tasks are completed by signing off on the end of day checklist
- Ensure all queries from Business is resolved within expected timeframe or escalated to the correct parties
- Identify control gaps and work with team to review process efficiency and deliver improvements
- Participate in projects as and when required
- 2 to 4 years of experience in Private Bank Operations especially in the area of Remittances, Callback or Client Service role
- Tertiary education with a good academic track record.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Fluency in English is essential.
- Clear written & verbal communication skills with all levels of staff
- Client-oriented mindset
- Meticulous and good team player
- Ability to work independently & drive initiatives forward until delivery.
- Ability to work effectively with both Front Office and Support staff, at all levels.
- Ability to work & deliver under time pressure
- Proactive in identifying any process gaps, providing or suggesting solutions to improve productivity
- Ability to perform ad-hoc system testing