- Singapore Singapore Singapore SG
- Permanent, Full time
- Cognizant Technology Solutions APAC
- 20 Aug 18 2018-08-20
ü Workingin non-regular shifts if team needs in case of unforeseen scenarios.
ü Providecore database administration support in all aspects as relevant to production /development / uat areas.
ü Monitoringwork delivery mechanisms (chat channels, change systems and request systems)for incoming work.
ü Supportalert/fault monitoring system and remediate the issues.
ü Provideearly warning of impending capacity, availability & stability issues.
ü Building/upgradingOracle servers, adhering to bank deployment and security standards.
ü Coordinating& executing database outages/upgrades/migration as per planned/requestedtimelines.
ü Setup,maintain and execute disaster recovery solutions like physical standby databasewith/without data guard broker.
ü Supportsetting up, maintaining high availability solution like RAC with ASM
ü Setup,maintenance and monitor heterogeneous replication system using Golden Gate.
ü Assistingapplication teams to resolve performance issues when they arise, coordinatingwith cross-functional teams where appropriate.
ü Debugginginfrastructure support scripts in case of issues or / for better management.
ü Positivelycontribute to meet team goals & exhibit ownership of deliverables.
ü Proposeand/or participate in ongoing process improvement programs, automation projects.
ü Executeweek-end planned tasks, coordinate global projects in functional domain.
ü Support,provide input to incident & problem management areas.
JobRequirement s :
· 5-6 years experience in Oracle databaseadministration in production environments.
· Exposure to Financial domain in the capacity of aproduction support DBA. Exposure to processes, exigencies and the level ofcriticality of a financial/banking infrastructure.
· Capable of performing the core DatabaseAdministration tasks independently in Oracle 8i, 9i and 10g
· Installation of oracle software
· Database setup, database upgrades, space management,backup & recovery using either SQL Backtrack or RMAN, database cloning
· Experience in oracle Exadata
· Diagnose and resolve performance, connectivity,security and database corruption issues in a critical production environment
· Setup and maintain High-Availability and DisasterRecovery solutions.
· Proficient in Unix system administration relevant toOracle database management.
· Good to have Experience in Oracle Golden Gate
· Experience in supporting multiple and large oracledatabases environment.
· Capable of handling workload and volume.
· Proficient in Standby and DataGuard technology
· Excellent level of both spoken and written English
· Knowledge in RAC/ASM, Grid Control Management,Linux, BMC SQL BackTrack are a plus..
· Knowledge and exposure to ITIL processes.
Cognizant (NASDAQ-100: CTSH) is one ofthe world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients'business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our uniqueindustry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and runmore innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizantis ranked 195 on Fortune 500 2017 and is consistently listed among the most admiredcompanies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us on Twitter: Cognizant.