PRB Specialist, Business Advisory
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities & Our Ideal Candidate
- Provide support on execution of reward advisor matters and the execution of relevant policies and processes
- Work with the Head, PRB, Client Businesses to provide day to day reward support for a defined portfolio of business functions, including preparation of offers, internal moves and the planning and completion of the annual reward review.
- Provide relevant advice to assigned HR stakeholders on a range of employee compensation areas which may include banding, generic pay philosophies and pay positioning, approach to reward for internationally mobile employees, redundancy and total compensation.
- Work with the Head, PRB, Client Businesses and the Performance, Rewards and Benefits network to ensure that compensation activities are aligned with Group policies and standards and that activities are consistent across regional and functional business areas.
- Maintain an up to date understanding of regulatory remuneration guidelines and how these interact with internal policies and guidance. Be prepared to support group wide communications and answer questions from the business.
- Proactively support the communication of changes to Group compensation policies and standards to HR stakeholders.
- Establish and maintain relationships within the HR community in order to ensure their engagement and sponsorship of the Bank's compensation philosophy.
- Evaluate the competitiveness and effectiveness of Standard Chartered's compensation policies and practices within the assigned portfolio and feedback into the PRB network.
- Manage year end performance and pay review processes for a defined portfolio of business functions, in line with Group guidelines and acting as a point of contact for their respective management teams. Specifically:
- Lead discussions with the business function teams in relation to the Group P3 messaging.
- Coordinate all relevant business function communication including P3 key messages.
- Manage other annual compensation processes including budgeting and forecasting.
- Embed the Group's fair accountability approach via discussions regarding material risk and conduct issues with relevant business and function risk / control panels, leading and managing detailed reviews of awards and risk / conduct issues in the relevant client / product reward forums, prior to discussion at reward plan committees.
- Collaborate with HR and PRB teams on market data to increase the level of consistency across markets, and generally ensure data is used in an impactful manner.
- In respect of the Group's Risk Management Framework ensure a full understanding of the risk and control environment in area of responsibility
- Support statutory and internal audits, as appropriate.
Regulatory & Business conduct
- Responsible for assessing the effectiveness of the Group's arrangements to deliver effective governance, oversight and controls in the business and, if necessary, oversee changes in those areas
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework in which the Group operates and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role
- Responsible for delivering 'effective governance'; capability to challenge fellow executives effectively; and willingness to work with any local regulators in an open and cooperative manner
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the function team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Works closely with colleagues in Client Businesses and HR to ensure Group requirements are delivered
- Embed Here for good and Group's brand and values in Group Human Resources,
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
- Bachelor degree or higher
- Professional qualification (e.g. tax (ATT or CTA), corporate secretarial (ICSA/ACIS), accountancy, legal)
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .