PROJECT MANAGER (ASSET MANAGEMENT)
- Permanent, Full time
- 22 Oct 18
The role will focus on the analysis, initiation, execution, implementation, control and closure of individual releases of the Fareast programme and the associated Portfolio of work.
1 - Key Responsibilities:
- Project Manage all project related tasks across the full system life cycle. This includes the effective project management of but not limited to analysis, initiation, planning, execution, control and monitoring and closure tasks.
- Status Tracking and reporting, Issue Management (including workshops when required), Managing actions, Dependency Management, chairing/attending Governance meetings and when required escalation to Senior Management.
- Maintain all project management documentation to required internal standards.
- Acting as a Champion and as an Example in terms of promoting and abiding by our project management approach, principles and methodology.
- Completion of all necessary processes and procedures to promote projects into the production environment, including the management of deployment dates, plans, sign-offs, migration planning, training plans and contingency / back-out plans.
- Project and portfolio tracking, control and reporting directly in line with the MOO change principals and methodology. To include management of risks, issues, dependencies, actions, budget tracking, change control and regular reporting
- Supporting the executing associated Change Management tasks related to the portfolio, sub portfolio of projects or change initiatives.
- Where appropriate, project tracking, control and reporting to CMMi Level 3 standards. To include management of risks, issues, dependencies, actions, budget tracking, change control and regular reporting
- Effective project change control and Risk management
- Where required be a subject matter expert for project team members and the ability to perform varying levels of business analysis when required to do so
- Project delivery plans to time and budget as approved by the Project Steering Committee, Sponsor or project plan.
- Where appropriate working with IT in managing vendors and or clients
- Collation of materials, chairing and minuting the project documents and internal / external meetings
- Manage client change and client relationships
- Participation and representation at regular client update meetings
- Dealing with all levels of the organisation from developers to senior sponsors
- Effective project risk management
- Work with teams across multiple locations (including but not limited to Singapore, London, Glasgow, Paris and Chennai)
2 – Profile
The successful applicant will be required to demonstrate the following attributes to be considered for this role:
- Delivery focussed Project Manager
- Experience of our business more specifically Middle Office Fund Administration / Accounting Operations such as Asset Servicing (Income & Corporate Actions), Transactions Management (Treasury, Trade, Derivatives and Cash Management), Reconciliations and Client Reporting, and/or Performance Reporting.
- Client facing experience (preferred)
- Ability to deal with all levels of the organisation from developers to senior sponsors
- Collaborative approach and good interpersonal skills
- Ability to drive a solution through to completion
- Experience of completing a full system implementation (preferred)
- Experience managing vendors (preferred)
- Team player
- Ability to manage a team, good leadership ability and ability to build a team
- Experience with either Middle Office Client Reporting, and/or Performance Reporting within the securities services domain (preferred)
- The role may require some travel to locations within the Asia Pacific.
- Qualifications required for the role:
- Degree or Business Analysis and/or Project Management Qualification (Project management qualification preferred)
- Strong Project Management skills
- Strong interpersonal and people management skills
- Proven track record for project delivery
- Financial industry experience preferably Investment Operations
- Strong negotiating skills
- Client facing experience
- Knowledge of the development lifecycle
- Experience of a full system implementation
- Experience managing vendors
- Experience of vendor packages (such as Vermillion, Hiportfolio, XSP, Tradeflow)
- Business analysis skills, tools and techniques