Portfolio Compliance Implementations Associate
Description About this role
Portfolio Compliance Implementations Team | Associate
Want to elevate your career by being a part of the world's largest asset manager? Do you thrive in an environment that champions positive relationships and recognizes outstanding performance? We know you want to feel valued every single day and be recognized for your contribution! At BlackRock we strive to empower our employees and actively engage your involvement in our success. With over USD $6 trillion of assets we have an outstanding responsibility: our technology and services empower millions of investors to save for retirement, pay for college, buy a home and improve their financial well-being.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law. Team Overview
BlackRock is currently seeking professionals at the Associate level to become part of our Portfolio Compliance team.
The Portfolio Compliance Group (PCG) is a global group which sits within Global Accounting and Product Services ('GAAPS'), one of the core functions within the Business Operations & Technology Group at BlackRock. Portfolio Compliance is responsible for implementing controls & processes to ensure we are aligned with all applicable regulatory and portfolio issued guidelines. Role Responsibility
This role sits in the Implementations team and primarily focuses on interpreting and analyzing the client's investment guidelines and coding them in BlackRock's compliance system. The primary compliance system is within the Aladdin network, and PCG places compliance restrictions into the system using BlackRock's proprietary coding language, which is similar to SQL. Key Responsibilities:
Knowledge / Experience:
- New account coding - As new accounts are on-boarded PCG is tasked with interpreting the clients Investment Management Agreement ('IMA') and translating these guidelines into code through the use of compliance rules in the Aladdin platform
- Guideline changes - Clients will often change their investment guideline provisions over time, based on their preferences or market conditions. PCG supports the changes made by amending the rule assignments to fall in line with the updated requirements that were requested by the client
- Crafting new system rules, improving existing compliance coding
- Troubleshooting potential errors when needed
- Identification of coding issues
- Maintenance of Legal & Compliance Restricted Lists
- Knowledgeable with BlackRock's various Aladdin applications, trade flow process, and data environment
- Participating in efficiency and improvement initiatives by providing ideas and suggestions on possible improvements to systems or processes
- Involvement in strategic projects and initiatives
Skills / Qualifications:
- Experience in the investment management industry and of investment products
- Background in finance or similar fields are preferred. Knowledge of financial instruments and markets is a bonus
- Proficient in program languages (such as Visual Basic, C++, or Java) and an understanding of relational database concepts (including SQL) is a plus
- Comfortable working across multiple functions, geographies and partners with maturity and judgement
- Drive, high energy and sense of urgency
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications
- Experience with Aladdin suite of applications (preferred but not required)
- Experience of coding within Compliance Monitoring tools (Aladdin, Sentinel, Charles River, In-House systems) (preferred)
- Bachelors degree or higher in a related field (preferred)
- Strong IT Skills
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) to work with partners across the firm. Ability to convey concepts simply and clearly to target audience
- Ability to work effectively and balance complexity and stress in a rapidly changing environment to meet deadlines.
- Attention to detail
- Proactive approach to risk mitigation ability to apply good judgement as to when to raise issues.
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2020, the firm managed approximately $7.32 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.