Principal Agile Analyst, Investment
Who we're looking for
We're looking for an experience IT business analyst to join our Capability aligned agile delivery team who are responsible for contributing to all aspects of the analysis, design, development, building and testing of solutions within a sprint cadence. Each team member will be aligned to a single Capability aligned agile team and, while the Principle Agile Analyst's core contribution will be to lead the analysis and design aspects of software development, they also contribute to development and testing activities. The Principle Agile Analyst should have domain working experience supporting Front office investment systems within the asset management industry and has a strong knowledge around Data Management Processes - Securities, Classifications, Analytics and Reference Data. Strong working knowledge of data vendors like Bloomberg, Refinitiv, MarkIT and interfaces for interactions are preferred. Exposure to back office operations, investment operations and portfolio performance/attribution is an advantage. About Schroders
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future. We have around 4,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper. The base This role will be based in our Singapore Schroders' office. What you'll do
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
- Support Capability (Product) Owners and Epic Owners/Analysts to ensure that features and stories to be delivered by the Capability team are well defined and structured
- Lead analysis tasks which contribute to the delivery of working software required by the Capability [Product] Owner
- Contribute to the analysis, development, build and testing of working software required by the Capability [Product] Owner
- Accountable for ensuring user stories are delivered to the 'working system' definition of 'done' within an agreed sprint
- Accountable for ensuring committed PI Objectives and Sprint Objectives are met
- Responsible for contributing to agile planning, including sizing stories, parsing user stories into tasks etc.
- Working with colleagues from other agile teams and shared service teams to both communicate and accept dependencies
- Supporting the System Team in readiness for the System Demo
- Participate enthusiastically and effectively in Schroders Agile ceremonies
- Ensuring continued improvement through conducting regular retrospective reviews and executing high priority actions that emerge
- Committing to increasing their skills and experience in non-core specialisms (Dev, Test)
- Supporting other team members to improve their analysis skills and experiences
- Performing the role of Scrum Master for the agile team if required to do so
- Supporting the development of the wider Global Technology organisation through leadership of communities, guilds or key involvement in other non-core activities
- Conduct and lead business requirements gathering workshops
The knowledge, experience and qualifications preferred
- A university degree graduate with at least 5 - 7 years of business analyst experience
- Strong domain working experience in supporting Investment Front office system, Investment Data & Analytics in the Finance Asset Management industry i.e. asset managers, custodians, fund administrators, etc.
- Working knowledge of financial instruments, setup and processing characteristics of products such as Equities, Fixed Income, Money Market, FX Forwards including NDFs; OTC Derivatives - Rates and Credits, CFD products.
- Exposure to any of Investment front office processes -Asset allocations, Portfolio Constructions, Portfolio rebalancing, Portfolio Performance & Attribution reporting, Dealing Desk, Risk assessment, etc., portfolio performance and attribution is an added advantage.
- Working knowledge of systems such as BlackRock Aladdin, MarkIT EDM, Eagle PACE and Market Data Vendors like Refinitiv, Bloomberg, Factset, etc.
What you'll be like
- Lean Agile credentials; Certified Safe Agilist (SA)
- Basic professional qualifications relating to the asset management industry (such as IMC) and business analysis (such as ISEB)
- CBAP / CFA or Agile practitioner
- Familiarity with Agile delivery methodologies, ideally SAFe
- Extensive knowledge and experience of contributing to the development of technology solutions, both in-house developed bespoke applications and commercially available off-the-shelf solutions
- Excellent communications to stakeholders of various level, in a clear and concise manner as well to the Capability teams on work (features/stories)
- Wide experience of business analysis across several different capabilities, systems or teams; number of different (positive) experiences is valued higher than length of experience
- High level of technical skill in use of business analysis techniques, methodologies and artefacts to support agile software development
- Knowledge and experience of using various tools - SQL, Power BI, Alteryx, Tableau, MS Power Suite.
- Experience of working with global colleagues and stakeholders and sensitivity to cultural differences, time zones etc
- Passionate about mastering and innovating best practice in business analysis
- Inspiring and collaborative leader, model of agile leadership approach
- Continuous improvement mind-set, challenges the status quo and seeks self-improvement
- Problem solver, comfortable taking the initiative in challenging and ambiguous circumstances
- Proactive and has a driven, growth mind-set