Principal Analyst Developer – Product Fund Services
- Singapore Singapore Singapore SG
- Permanent, Full time
- Schroder Investment Management (Singapore) Ltd
- 12 Jul 18 2018-07-12
Schroders Global Technology (GT) function is organised into a number of teams, distributed across Schroders’ global offices, with technology hubs in London, Luxembourg, Singapore and New York. The successful candidate will be working within the APAC Product Fund Services Capability team, which is responsible for supporting the Product Fund Services initiatives for Schroders in both the Change and BAU functions. The team comprises of Agile Analysts and Analyst Developers. The geographical coverage of this team is: Singapore, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Australia, Japan, Korea and Indonesia, with a very close alignment with UK.
Principal Analyst Developers are core members of the Product Fund Services Capability aligned agile delivery team, responsible for contributing to all aspects of the analysis, design, development, building and testing of solutions within a sprint cadence. Each team member is aligned to a single Capability aligned agile team and, while the Analyst Developer’s core contribution will be leading software development and engineering tasks, they also significantly contribute and analysis and testing activities. They are also responsible for managing their own work, estimating its complexity and size, determining technical design (within architectural guidelines) and contributing to the continuous improvement of their agile team. The team members rely heavily on collaboration and communication and must place great emphasis on Agile Values and Principles in order to achieve a sustainable high performing status.
- Responsible for leading development and build tasks which contribute to the delivery of working software required by the Capability (Product) Owner
- Responsible for contributing to the analysis and testing of working software required by the Capability (Product) Owner
- Responsible for designing and coming up with architecture of deliverables both at application and component level and working closely with solution architects
- Accountable for ensuring user stories are delivered to the ‘working system’ definition of done within agreed sprint
- Responsible contributing to agile planning, including sizing stories, parsing user stories into tasks etc.
- Working with colleagues from other agile teams and shared service teams to both communicate and accept dependencies
- Supporting the Team in readiness for the System Demo
- Participate enthusiastically and effectively in Schroders Agile ceremonies
- Ensuring continued improvement through conducting regular retrospective reviews and executing high priority actions that emerge
- Committing to increasing their skills and experience in non-core specialisms (Analysis, Test)
- Supporting other team members to improve their software development skills where it is their non-core specialism
- Performing the role of Scrum Master for the agile team if required to do so
- Collaborates with the Production Support function in the resolution of Production issues
- Acts as an evangelist of software best practices in the Product Development community
General and Technical skills
- 10+ years contributing to the development of technology solutions using Object Oriented Programming and Microsoft Technologies including experience with C#, , SQL Server, Entity Framework, ASP. NET, IIS, Service Fabric.
- Solid experience designing and building API-first applications that integrate with multiple systems and deliver intuitive modern-web user experiences (e.g. AngularJS, ReactJS)
- Strong hands-on experience building distributed systems, REST APIs, SOAP web services, experience with event-driven architecture and enterprise service bus / messaging systems.
- Solid experience designing and building applications with messaging (e.g. IB10, Kafka)
- Familiarity with Agile delivery methodologies, (SAFe is preferred)
- Relevant work experience in continuous integration (e.g. Jenkins or Teamcity), automated deployment (e.g. OctopusDeploy, Artifactory), and source control tools (Git, TFS, SVN)
- Experience of working in a global environment with global colleagues, stakeholders and outsource teams, in particular sensitivity to cultural differences, time zones etc.
- Experience in developing and deploying web applications in the cloud (e.g. Azure, Amazon EC2) is preferred.
- Experience with NoSQL databases (e.g. Couchbase, Mongo DB, Apache Cassandra, or similar) is preferred.
- Excellent command of the English language, both written and spoken
- Excellent technical documentation skills.
- Educated to at least undergraduate degree level in a numerate subject, preferably computer science or similar
- Basic professional qualifications relating to the asset management industry (such as IMC) are preferred
- Capable of remaining positive when under pressure
- Friendly, approachable and collaborative team player who enjoys working with people from across the firm
- Continuous improvement mind-set, challenges the status quo and seeks self-improvement
- Problem solver, comfortable taking the initiative in challenging and ambiguous circumstances