Principal HPC Solution Architect
Are you passionate about High Performance Computing (HPC)? Are you ready to advance the state- of-the-art by developing methods for running HPC workloads on the cloud? Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking HPC Solution Architects (SA) to work with the world's largest organizations to architect cloud-based HPC solutions. Do you want to learn the very latest in cloud technologies and apply them to some of the most interesting analytical problems in the world? If so, come and join us!
AWS are hiring deeply technical HPC specialists to deliver architectural guidance, own customer opportunities and lead proof-of-concept projects. As a specialist SA, you will collaborate with customers, partners and fellow SAs to tackle large-scale analytical & simulation challenges and drive the adoption of AWS. You will own the technical engagement and ultimate success around specific HPC projects. You should be as comfortable discussing complex technical details with a room full of engineers as you are briefing an executive audience. You will interact with other SAs in the field, providing guidance on their customer engagements, and developing white papers, blogs, reference implementations, and presentations to enable customers and partners to fully leverage the AWS platform. Do you have that special combination of deep technical knowledge, drive to create new technology and strong interpersonal skills?
As a trusted customer advocate, you will help organizations understand best practices around advanced cloud-based solutions. You will have the opportunity to help shape and execute a strategy. The ideal candidate must be self-motivated with a proven track record of customer obsession and delivering results. The ability to connect technology with measurable business value is critical to a solutions architect. You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, products, and technical challenges in HPC.
Multiple positions available and located in Singapore, Australia, South Korea and India. The position will require substantial travel in the assigned territory.
Roles and responsibilities
Build and maintain technical trusted advisor relationships with influential technical decision makers for the successful adoption and deployment of AWS services and technologies
Design Customer Solutions: Collaborate with the wider AWS teams to help customers and partners architect HPC Solutions that leverage AWS Services
Devise Strategy: Engage with Solution Architects, Business Development Managers, Account Managers, Professional Services, and Partners to define an HPC Engagement strategies and programs.
Thought Leadership: Provide thought leadership on solutions that benefit customers through the use of AWS Services. This takes the form of contribution to external publications such as the AWS Compute Blog, whitepapers and reference architectures, as well as internal training of Solutions Architects, Professional Services Consultants, Technical Account Managers, and AWS Trainers
Serve as a key member of the business development and account management teams in helping to ensure customer success in building and migrating applications, software and services on the AWS platform
Craft & develop compelling audience-specific messages and tools (product videos, customer success stories, demos, whitepapers, presentations, how to guides etc.) Present AWS services and technologies through forums such as AWS Blogs, Whitepapers, Reference architectures and Public-Speaking events such as AWS Summit and User-Group events. Capture and share best practices and insights internally and with partners and customers. Basic Qualifications
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, maths or related field
• 7+ years' experience minimum with large-scale HPC systems
• 2+ years of hands-on systems architecture, infrastructure engineering, software development, solution architecture or support of research software engineering
• 1+ years' experience with cloud computing as it relates to HPC.
• Good understanding of management and performance optimization techniques associated with large-scale computing system
• A demonstrated ability to script or code in python, ruby, bash, perl, c, FORTRAN, or java
• Knowledge of various types of compute architectures like CPU, GPU, FPGA to suggest applicability to workloads.
• Proficient in benchmarking and profiling HPC applications to pick the right hardware and software stack to effectively deploy into production. Deploying HPC applications into Production would be a plus.
• Demonstrated experience in working with end customers on providing guidance on Solution components that best meet the requirements for HPC workloads.
• Good understanding of Application performance profiling and optimization techniques associated with deploying on large-scale computing systems.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations and virtual teams.
• Executive speaking and presentation skills - Formal presentations, white-boarding, large and small group presentations Preferred Qualifications
• Master's degree in computer science, engineering the sciences or similar field
• Hands-on experience building, maintaining and/or operating grid computing clusters, high performance computing clusters and research data management systems.
• Working knowledge of HPC schedulers and distributed/parallel file systems, underlying IT systems, and the HPC development process
• Proficient in compiling and running large-scale workloads for Weather, Life Sciences (Genomics, MD), CAE, material sciences, Electronic Design Automation and/or Financial Services domains.
• Understanding of HPC applications and workloads, server, and network security.
• Demonstrated effectiveness working across multiple business units to achieve results.
• Experience in a customer-facing, sales-aligned role such as consultant, solutions engineer or solutions architect
• A proven track record in field of interest with publications and conference attendance
• Hands-on experience with a broad range of HPC ISV applications
• Experience and comfort with public speaking, potentially to very large audiences
• AWS Certification, eg. AWS Solutions Architect Associate.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's Leadership Principles requirements for this role.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity.