Principal, Product Management (Treasury Services)
- Leadsproduct management, development and strategy for significantly large and/orcomplex treasury services / correspondence banking / transactional banking products of strategic importance
- Rolemayinvolve managing different set of services or initiatives within the treasury services groupwhich is prioritized /aligned to business goals
- Usuallyassigned to treasury services product areas with high-growth potential or that represent aniche/specialty offering and has fully developed core expertise on industrytrends, market segments and competitor services/offerings.
- Analyzescomplex client requirements and develops payments solutions that may include more thanone product.
- Mustunderstand the economics behind products and demonstrate business acumen.
- Responsiblefor crafting the strategies behind product development and delivery.
- Musthave treasury services market knowledge to integrate the demands of various regions and stayahead of competitors.
- Isdirectly responsible for product profitability across a range of large,complex, global products.
- EnsuresOperations, Technology, Risk, Compliance, Legal, etc. team concerns areaddressed during the product development, enhancement, delivery, strategy, andplanning processes.
- Employsa client-focused, strategic approach to develop the business case for firmofferings in the marketplace through in-depth and complex analyses on clientsegments, competitive landscape and industry environment.
- Demonstratesin-depth and comprehensive knowledge of treasury services products, the marketplace andclient needs to drive product growth/development and maximize profitability.
- Seenas a firm expert on a key product or product portfolio of strategic importanceto the firm.
- Createsproduct management road-maps and establishes evaluation criteria and successmetrics.
- Overseespricing, promotion, distribution strategies and competitive differentiators.
- Positionsproducts for specific client segments, highlighting key benefits andcompetitive advantages.
- Workswith sales and relationship management teams to support sales efforts and closeon deals as needed.
- Mayalso be responsible for revenue goals, profitability, and pricing for assignedproducts along with capital and operating budgets.
- Guidesjunior product managers and directs and works with operations and systemsmanagers during product implementation to ensure operating plan goals are met
- Providesguidance to less experienced colleagues as needed
- Contributes to theachievement of area objectives and profitability of assigned product(s)
- As the channel product manager with a regional and functional coverage, the successful candidate will be charged with handling local queries from the sales team or clients whilst developing specific channel service(s) globally (i.e. online banking, API, etc.)
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Primary Location:
- Bachelors degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required, MBA, CFA or Product Leadership Certification is preferred
- 10-12 years of total work experience preferred
- Experience in Product Management, operations, client management preferred
- Core experience within digital channels with a background in payments is ideal
- Experience working with global responsibilities is preferential although not essential
Customer/Client Service Internal Jobcode:
Global Product Management-HR07027 Requisition Number: