Principal Research Analyst
Candidate's primary responsibility will be to liaise with external clients and business contacts to gather current information, generate clear analysis of the information and provide outward looking views to our clients. Candidate is expected to demonstrate "expertise" on petrochemical products, mostly Aromatics like Benzene / Toluene / Xylenes / Paraxylene and be able to develop deep focus analysis on same. Candidate should have the ability to write crystal clear market reports on a regular basis; prepare and deliver top class presentations to clients when required. In short, the candidate is expected to perform as a "Subject Matter Expert". Essential Functions:
1. Interact with market participants for price and news discovery.
2. Work on supply - demand dynamics - both short term & long term.
3. Maintain economic modeling and work on regular updates to generate forecasts.
4. Write weekly & monthly reports providing analytical insights to clients .
5. Prepare top class presentations on the outlook of the Aromatics Chain and deliver these presentations at Client meetings, Conferences and other business development initiatives.
6. Meet clients regularly and have insightful discussions / presentations on outlook for concerned products.
7. Work as a part of a global team and have regular interaction with global colleagues.
8. Promote IHS Markit expertise on the Aromatics value chain and be responsible for commercial growth of the service. Requirements:
1. Personable interface at multiple levels within the organization
2. Cooperatively work across the organization at multi levels to efficiently and effectively utilize the resources and knowledge base available in a team approach.
3. Communicating internationally with peers & other analysts in other world regions in multiple time zones effectively.
4. Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Chemical engineering or Chemistry
5. Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint
6. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
7. Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
8. Ability to travel (Including international travel).
9. Fluency in English and Japanese is essential. Knowledge of additional Asian language (Chinese / Korean) is an added advantage.
10. Attention to detail is pre-requisite for the job.
11. Minimum 10 years of experience in related role in the Chemicals industry. Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.