Principle Engineer - APIs & Cloud services
The API Principle Engineer is a hands on technical person responsible for establishing of new technologies and architectural design patterns for experience services & APIs . Responsible for setting up strategy and migrating legacy Tibco stack to open source hybrid cloud platform. API Principle Engineer will be responsible to do POC, develop SDK's and frameworks, certify and establish patterns for any new technical requirements and be up to mark with industry standards. API Principle Engineer is responsible for zero touch deployments and 100% CICD automation for application production deployments with Quality Gates for both Secure Coding Practices and Standard coding practices
- Accountable for defining the technology strategy for Digital team in alignment with Citi Technology. As such, collaborate to help create reliable, scalable, and high-performance services and architectures. Through these efforts, develop cohesive interpersonal working relationships with all peers and team members. "It's all about team work."
- Utilize comprehensive knowledge of multiple technological disciplines to achieve objectives by providing leadership and guidance to the teams responsible for architecting, implementing and performing continuous improvement to products.
- Work style is very independent, requiring little or no guidance. Decisions will make a significant, measurable impact on the business goals for different lines of business. During team discussions you will play a significant role with PMTs, TPMs and SDEs to determine potential technological designs and approaches and arrive at best suitable solution.
- Knowledge of integrating with SAFENET LUNA, THALES PAYSHIELD and other HSM's and guide the team with establishing the reusable frameworks around these Hardware Security Modules.
- This role requires Strong knowledge of Spring Framework, Spring Integration, Spring JPA, Spring JDBC, Hibernate & Spring Boot, Netflix OSS. The person needs to be up-to date with the spring releases and be aware of the issues and be able to strategize the adoption of latest Spring Framework version at regular intervals of time.
- Responsible for reviewing and adapting Secure Coding Practices and configuring the rules in tools like Secure Code Assist and Sonar.
- Responsible for analyzing code quality using standard tools like Sonar, Black-Duck, Check-Marks and other industry standard tools and ensure, developers are following Coding best practices.
- Should have good understanding of Kubernattes(OpenShift) & Pivotal cloud Foundry and be able to establish best practices for deployment of Spring boot Micro-services.
- Responsible for evaluating Multi-cloud Strategy and setting up Hybrid cloud deployment architecture along with Infrastructure teams.
- Responsible for evaluation & adoption of reverse proxy/API gateway tools like Kong API Gateway/API Gee/NGINX and come up with a strategy for API Exposure.
- Extensive Knowledge in API Design, Core Banking and Financial Domain knowledge & Experience in working with public/private cloud infrastructures
- Designing of self-contained, reusable, and testable modules and components & knowledge of unit testing, behavioral testing and continuous integration.
- Deliver across the entire app life cycle -concept, design, build, deploy, test and support
- Good Hands on knowledge on Micro services and Open APIs, Restful Web Services or APIs, OAuth & Security Frameworks.
- Responsible for adoption of developer friendly code Generation tools like Lombok, Mapstruct, Dozor and other low code automation tools for improving developer productivity.
- Design of Application & Deployment patterns with built in plugs for monitoring/log analytic and integration with tools such as Splunk, AppDynamics & Ensure Applciation downtime avoidance and Quick recovery by Design.
- Working along the developers to create and maintain a robust framework to support the micro service apps & build the interface with focus on reusability and Maintainability.
- Optimizing the microservices with respect to Reliability, Responsiveness, Runtime footprint and Recoverability using performance engineering tools and Memory analysis.
- Implement strategy for periodic repaving of microservices in an automated fashion.
- Be part of the design review board that will focus on the design process, search for generic patterns, and, at the same time, share best practices across the organization. As such, you will identify and define necessary system enhancements to introduce and let SDE teams deploy new products and process enhancements.
- Have a wider understanding of the technical strategy for a particular architecture, platform or solution. Help gain consensus across all of our teams as a leader. You interact with external vendors and look for innovative solutions in the market. Participate in lesson learned sessions and ensure that the outcomes flow back into the software processes. This is one area that can drive incremental improvement.
- Contribute to Developer Connect Series, Design Connect, brown bags, external publications, user-group leadership, speaking opportunities at industry conferences while raising Citi's GCT profile and more in the industry,
- In addition to a comprehensive understanding of the business domain, the systems, and the products in your space, you will have a strong knowledge of emerging technologies and best practices. Help to drive cross-team solutions, anticipating and addressing problems ahead of the needs of the scrum teams.
- Understand the business impact of your systems and show good judgment when making technical trade-offs between your team's short-term technology or operational needs and long-term business needs. Be a key influencer in team strategy. Drive mindful discussions with customers and peers. Bring perspective and provide context for current technology choices and guide future technology choices. Understand that not all problems are new (or require new software). Make appropriate architectural trade-offs (e.g., coarse or fine grained service separation?)
- Code submissions and approach to work are exemplary - your solutions are inventive, secure, easily maintainable, appropriately scalable, and extensible. You write software that is easy for others to contribute to.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
Job Family Group:
- 10+ years of relevant experience as a Principle Engineer with subject matter expertise in one or more areas
- Exhibit hands on expertise in aspects of technology mentioned above.
- Bachelor's/University degree
Technology Job Family:
Digital Software Engineering Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting