Private Capital Group - South Asia Banker
Citi Private Capital Group is looking for a senior South Asia talent, to be based in Singapore, as part of the RM community, but not measured by the traditional metrics of a Private Banker. This role requires thorough understanding and strategic direction of the function within the business, combined with a solid conceptual/practical grounding in both the function and/or area of Family Office. Excellent communication skills required in order to influence a wide range of audiences.
The role is likely to be involved in both internal and external negotiations which will have a major impact on the business, and possibly on other related areas and organization as a whole. This individual has authority to negotiate and make independent decisions on issues/activities that have critical impact or influence on company revenues, capital or business operations. He/she will report into Head of Private Capital Group - Asia, based in Hong Kong.
- Coverage for the Top 25 families in S. Asia with Private Capital Wealth Management needs
- Responsible for delivering a comprehensive range of services, across Citi's Global Franchise, tailored to the unique needs of family offices
- This role entails:
- Client engagement; spearheading thought leadership discussions with family office clients regarding global family office trends, capital markets update, timely and relevant investment banking advisory activities, as well as Trust, Tax planning, in a coordinated manner across our regional teams.
- Origination; leverage off existing Citi Private Bankers' long standing relationships, be involved in client situations, triage the needs and desires of the client, and propose appropriate solution with rewarding medium to long term value proposition.
- Execution; involved in
- Coordination; as this client segment of family office is most visible and impactful, representing Citi Private Bank across divisions including Investment Banking (Advisory), Markets (Sales and Trading), Commercial & Corporate Banking, as well as supporting functions.
- Candidates must have served in a senior financial professional role, preferably in a legal, investment or financial capacity, and possess a deep understanding of the cultures and operating practices of family offices &/or wealth management. Exposure to family foundations and/or family businesses is a plus
- Performance will be based upon business and client growth objectives, and successful partnering with colleagues
- Appropriate risk assessment when business decisions are made, demonstrating consideration for the firm's reputation, safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to the firm's Policy. Moreover, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards
•Asian language proficiency
•12+ years of extensive experience working in a senior capacity (investment, legal, financial) in a family office, augmented by (preferably) additional Banking, Capital Markets and Advisory (BCMA) experience. Exceptional consultative and problem solving skills, enabling the candidate to comprehend, articulate complex situations with other departments / resources of the firm
•CACS Paper 1 and Paper 2
•Bachelor's/University degree, Master's degree preferred Job Family Group:
Private Client Coverage Job Family:
Private Banker Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting