Join the newly formed team for an exciting opportunity to support Asia procurement needs!
Group Procurement is a function within Schroders that reports to the Group Financial Controller. The function delivers commercial expertise to protect and maximise value across the full procurement lifecycle supporting the delivery of Schroders’ corporate strategy. Group Procurement has a global responsibility to provide oversight of Schroders supply chain and is closely aligned with the Finance function.
The Procurement Operations team is a newly formed team reporting into Group Procurement providing buying support to end-users across Schroders organisation globally. This team will be the central process centre managing purchase requests for goods and/or services globally. The purpose of this team is to ensure requests for goods and/or services are validated, raised and approved efficiently and effectively.
The Procurement Operations team, based in London, with a team based in Singapore to support Asia Procurement needs, shall act as the central point of contact for operational buying processes and form a key interface with the Group Procurement team. The team shall have a focus on ensuring all global cost activities provided by the Data Maintenance, Accounts Payable and Cash teams are in alignment and have visibility of the global process implications.
Overview of Role
The Procurement Operations Analyst is responsible for the capture, review, challenge and validation of all purchase requisitions. This includes full knowledge and understanding of all applicable policies and procedures, including no PO no pay. The individual will be responsible for data capture and cost coding and require a good knowledge of systems, have the ability to work and adapt as part of a team and prioritise work accordingly, ensuring service levels are met and adhered to. Strong communication skills are essential and an ability to build strong relationships, knowing when escalation to the Procurement Operations Supervisor and/or Group Procurement Manager(s) is necessary.
The Procurement Operations Analyst has the following responsibilities:
- First point of contact for purchase requests, requisitions, new vendor setups, purchase orders (PO’s) and queries
- Facilitate pre-approval policy by validating purchase requests.
- Assisting the business in setting up and approving purchase requisitions on a timely basis
- Liaise with Procurement Operations Supervisor and/or Group Procurement Manager(s) to validate Purchase Requisition details where queries may need addressing, e.g. details that appear incorrect such as use of a non-preferred vendor
- Amending PO details (e.g. delivery dates, requesters, delivery address, coding, currency) in line with the service levels agreed with the business
- Creating and issuing clean purchase orders in line with the service levels and authorisation levels, ensuring all checks and validations are performed (e.g. material variance, currency, correct entity, commercial terms, statement of works)
- Take ownership of and ensure all queries and escalations are proactively managed to resolution with a focus on fixing the root cause
- Deliver robust timely housekeeping routines around closing old open PO's, alongside the Accounts Payable (AP) team
- Timely set up of new vendors and amendments to existing vendors in accordance with procedures and SLA’s
- Use of reporting and systems to support requestors, vendors and employees with R2P queries relating to pre-approval purchase requests, requisitions, purchase orders (PO) creation and/or amendment
- Provision of regular feedback to Group Procurement Managers highlighting trends, challenges, issues and opportunities that may become evident through business engagement.
- Solid appreciation and understanding of systems, best practice processes and controls
- Demonstrable experience of successfully operating within a team
- Comfortable working autonomously whilst recognising where appropriate to escalate
- Flexible approach to work with an ability to adapt to change
- Excellent level of communication comfortable liaising with all levels of people in the organisation
- Ability to analyse information in order to interpret and bring insight
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent organisation and problem solving skills
- Focus on continuous improvement and development
- Financial Services experience / experience of operating in a regulated environment
- Use of Oracle R2P and/or ServiceNow systems or similar e.g. SAP, Coupa
- Practical experience of managing supplier master data
- Capable of remaining calm during busy periods
- Friendly, approachable, enjoys working with people from a variety of backgrounds
- Ability to work with in a dynamic and time critical environment
- Has a continuous improvement mind-set
- Willing to go above and beyond to complete tasks