- Permanent, Full time
- 21 Apr 18
Product Analyst (PL/SQL)
Location: SingaporeIn this role, you will be a member of Moody's Analytics' product management team creating and supporting some of the industry's leading software solutions for the banking industry. You will help drive the feature and product priorities, participate in the Agile development process through frequent interaction with developers and program management, and assisting with product support issues.
The primary responsibilities consist of working closely with the Product Manager to design the product functionality based on the business and regulatory requirements.
As a regulatory reports expert, the product analyst is in charge of understanding and analyzing features required around regulatory reports production, specifying in detail such features for the engineering team, and performing acceptance testing.
As part of the product management team, the product analyst provides level 2 (or 3) support to customer service or implementation services as needed and is responsible for qualifying and specifying bug fixes and software enhancements requests raised by clients and customer facing teams.
Additional responsibilities include: writing release notes for new report release and reviewing/validating product documentations, as well as supporting other stakeholders in their daily activities such as sales support (e.g. product demo, answering RFPs), documentation (reviewing technical communication documents) or helping the engineering team to develop regulatory reports.
From time to time, the product analyst may also help write some FAQs or white papers on best practices (on a given functional domain or relative to product usage), provide advanced product training, and work with marketing to position our products.
ERS Banking Reg Tech
- Bachelor's degree in Economics, Finance, Business, Computer Engineering/Science or a related field with minimum 2 years of exposure to financial industry. Fresh graduates with relevant internship experience may be considered.
- The product analyst for Regulatory Reporting shall be a subject matter expert in one or more of the following domains: Basel III, Stress Testing and Financial Reporting.
- Good communications with the various teams and especially with the software engineering teams (day-to to-day interaction) is a key success factor.
- Technical skills: PL/SQL knowledge required, Excel, Word, Powerpoint
- Financial background required and willing to keep learning about finance & risk regulations
- Prior experience in Regulatory Reporting tools is a key differentiator
- Practical experience in a financial institution, in a consulting firm or in a risk management software house preferred
- Interest in the technological aspects of software products
- Must possess great initiative
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.