- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 12 Jan 18
Product Engineer (Chief Data Office)
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Leading the way in International Banking. We support the people and companies driving investment, trade and wealth creation across Asia, Africa and the Middle East. And our heritage and values are expressed in our brand promise - here for good. See our Brand and ValuesThis role is primarily to develop and maintain an engineering oriented communication and collaboration platform "The Houseview". The platform will be used to drive engagement with internal technology communities - highlight success stories, best practices, promote use and publishing of OpenSource, technology standards, frameworks, architectures, patterns, strategy and thinking around upcoming technologies. In addition, this will help the engineering community to learn, prototype using APIs, link to source repositories to see working examples/code, engage using forums, events, hackathons etc. This will also be the portal to engage and collaborate with external community including Fintechs, external developer community, Regulators, prospective candidates etc.
Targets and Measures:
- Deliver "The Houseview" platform both internally and externally.
- Bring various Engineering communities across SCB to contribute and use this platform. This platform becomes the primary collaboration platform on Technology topics.
- Integration of the API portal, SCB Open Source Git, emerging technologies sandbox, technology standards catalogue, and data catalogue to the platform.
- Working with various CIO, Functions, Data and Foundation Services teams to promote success stories, trainings and key technical excellence initiatives.
- Working with external and internal teams to promote awareness of industry developments, events and forums. Place for Engineering Forums, hackathons etc.
- Presenting complex architectural and engineering topics to senior stakeholders
- Provide effective collaboration and information to external partners like Fintechs, External developers, regulators.
- Lead development of automations around sandbox for emerging technologies enablement.
- Leading PoCs and experiments related to new engineering processes and tools across enterprise (i.e., those not specific to one CIO).
- Driving the culture of Engineering Excellence within "The Houseview" platform.
- Driving awareness of SCB engineering culture externally to enable recruitment and engagement with relevant 3rd parties.
- Head, Engineering Excellence & Standards
- Domain CIOs and the ITO Management Team
- Domain Functional heads
- Engineering Community (Internal & External)
- Communications Team.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent Communicator
- Ability to work with and bring diverse teams together to collaborate.
- Ability to deliver the platform and work to increase adoption.
- Understating of Software Development Lifecycle
- Hands on Development experience preferably multiple technologies/programming languages.
- Knowledge of Intellectual Property and Open Source - Impact on Banking
- Enterprise Architecture
- Technology Governance and Standards
- Knowledge of innovation areas impacting banking and financial services
- Academic or Professional Education/Qualifications - Computer Science; Software Engineering
- Hands on Development Experience and delivered sizable projects
- Project Management & Stakeholder Management