- Singapore Singapore Singapore SG
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 20 Aug 18 2018-08-20
The Role: The role is to support and drive the growth and development of new digital products/solutions for all commodity groups serviced by S&P Global Platts. This individual will be actively involved in the retirement of existing offerings and the design of new, high value service models for customers and prospects.
Impact: This individual will join the team responsible for delivering a new digital, customer centric portfolio of offerings across multiple platforms and geographies. They'll be a strong practitioner of Agile Scrum methodology and will act as an internal subject matter expert to support the development of advanced new products and offerings.
The Career Opportunity: There are endless opportunities at Platts. From this role, you can move to other analytical/sales roles in many different channels within the organization.
The Team / The Business: The role will work closely with the product leads/owners, colleagues in sales, marketing, client services and the market to understand requirements, drive the value proposition and ensure a positive for our customers.
Your Skills: Excellent organizational and communication skills, strong project management and time management skills. Highly analytical, who can work in a fast paced team environment.
- Develops, manages and drives a comprehensive outreach program with important clients and prospects to gather feedback specific for Product Development. Also, will work in conjunction with the sales teams on qualified opportunities to highlight capabilities in order to close businesses. Assist with the inquiry into new opportunities.
- Provides superior analytical capability around client adoption efforts of new products in their current workflow. Provides technical product expertise and very well versed in its interplay with existing and other new product/platform specialties. Applies expertise to regularly enhance implementation efforts such as pre sales discussions, demonstrations, implementation and project planning, post sales onboarding, training conversions, configuration, integration and transition to client services groups for further support and ongoing support to clients.
- Assist product owner in executing internal and external educational and promotional campaigns. Will support go-to-market and sales channel support projects in preparation for product/platform upgrades. Work closely with various internal partners to design and implement procedures of product releases/launches as required.
- Performs more advanced analysis, research, modelling, etc. as part of various proof of concept activities including building prototypes and assessing the appropriateness of the specific product capability. Develops knowledge of broader set of S&P Global capabilities and their potential for meeting customer and market needs.
- Monitors and influences the regional financial targets and goals for newly launched products working with Sales Managers and Representatives.
- Assists with due diligence on specific opportunities or potential partners. Assist and provide technical, regional perspective and analytical support for the creation of new product plans.
- Minimum 7 years work experience with at least 3 years' industry experience in: information software/technology product support and sales; front office trade analysis/trade support/risk management capacity in global commodity trading organization; experience at a commodities from front office decision support/market data/analytics vendor.
- LNG market knowledge and experience a plus
- Mandarin, Korean, or Japanese business-level reading, writing and speaking skills a plus, due to the need to communicate with clients from the respective countries
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree or similar level university degree, MBA qualification is a plus
- Agile Scrum experience preferred, but not critical
- Applies in-depth analytical capability and expertise in product design and delivery principles and theories developed through or past experience to complete projects.
- Open and confident communicator, willing to take on all issues in a professional manner and to work with customers, colleagues and other parties until issues satisfactorily resolved.
- A genuine interest in the trading process of physical commodities.
- Self-motivated, detail oriented, and organized with the ability to take initiative, set priorities, and perform tasks with minimal guidance.
- Strong customer mindset with demonstrated ability to engage directly and honestly with customers on all issues and deliver positive experience to customer at all times.
- Resilient team player with ability to flourish in a merit-based, entrepreneurial, professional culture. Ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues, including representing new commodity products/solutions in a matrix organization.
S&P Global Platts
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with confidence. We're the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.platts.com.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.
To all recruitment agencies; S&P does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.