Product Manager, SG Payments and Receivables - Global Transaction Services (GTS)
Global Transaction Services (GTS) comprises of Cash & Trade, Securities Services and Fiduciary Services.
In an increasingly borderless world marked by burgeoning trade flow, expertise in trade finance services is an invaluable asset. With cash the lifeblood of every company, so too, is a good understanding of how to manage these cashflows. Trade Finance, together with Cash Management, is the mainstay of GTS, and is extended to SME and corporate clients for their local and cross-border financial transaction needs.
In Cash & Trade, you will be part of the product management team that provides seamless and cost-effective solutions to customers. Whether it is through conducting market research, or by enhancing a product or system's features to meet customers' needs, you will have every opportunity to shape the business. You will also be exposed to a myriad of Trade and Cash Management products through various marketing campaigns and joint visits with our relationship managers. Responsibilities
The selected candidate will join the Singapore Payables & Receivables Product Management team. The team manages the complete suite of Payables & Receivables products and solutions covering both cross-border and domestic, for corporates, businesses and financial institutions.
- Manage the payables & receivables business including P&L management, product planning, market /competitive analysis, product development and implementation
- Identify and implement opportunities to drive innovative and scalable solutions for clients in a constantly changing payables and receivables landscape;
- Monitor new technological advancements such as blockchain, IoT, 5G and evaluate the applicability to solve real customer problems in the transactional space;
- Evaluate and execute strategic partnerships to enhance product propositions, ramp-up customer acquisition and transactional volumes.
- Represent DBS at key Industry workgroups to define and rollout new market initiatives; to ensure DBS propositions are developed and commercialised timely around these initiatives to meet client needs
- Drive digital adoption of payables and receivables products to migrate customers from manual to digital channels.
- Support and drive new capabilities / initiatives for payments and receivables products covering the Singapore market.
- Effective product development encompassing the complete cycle from conceptualization through to commercialization, bringing to market new products, solutions to meet customer needs.
- Work with cross-functional colleagues from sales, RM, technology and operations to drive the product implementation and ensure the highest level of product readiness;
- Develop marketing collaterals, training materials and presentations and commercialization strategy for the new product;
- Provide subject-matter expertise to Product Sales and client management teams, Relationship Managers and other stakeholders on the product features
- At least 8 years of relevant experience in transactional banking covering payments and/or receivables products, preferably product management or product rollout;
- Strong knowledge of transactional banking, cross border and domestic payments products with good grasp of fintechs and disruptions in the payment space;
- Process review, analysis, redesign, improvements experience is highly recommended;
- Demonstrated track record of strong execution and experience partnering with technical teams to deliver results;
- Good interpersonal, communication, presentation skills as well as leadership qualities to successfully manage projects as well as various partners and stakeholders;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Excellent organisational and planning skills;
- Understanding of the relationship and interdependencies across product groups and units;
- Ability to think creatively and strategically;
- Ability to drive execution with multiple stakeholders & functions;
- Good customer and relationship management skills;
- Experience in managing cross-functional and cross-country teams is a plus;
- Must be able to work independently;
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.