- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 02 Feb 18
Product Manager, Supply Chain Finance - Transaction Banking
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Leading the way in International Banking. We support the people and companies driving investment, trade and wealth creation across Asia, Africa and the Middle East. And our heritage and values are expressed in our brand promise - here for good. We are currently looking for Product Manager for Supply Chain Finance with focus on Supplier Finance Solutions.
- Work with the Head of Supply Chain Finance to conceptualize the strategic direction for SCF business growth and agree on specific actionable items.
- Maintain and share up-to-date knowledge base on competitor and market information to enhance our product offerings in specific markets
- Drive commercialisation of Supplier Finance solutions across our markets in coordination with the country teams
- Develop marketing tools, collateral and devise initiatives for sales force to help drive commercialisation effectively
- Lead the development and delivery of internal training programs for key stakeholders such as Sales across business segments, Credit, Trade Operations, Legal, etc
- Work to ensure the highest possible standards of offering globally, bespoke as necessary for local requirements but engineered for global performance.
- For products under management, act as a key point of contact at group level for countries engaged in the delivery of SCF.
- Ensure strict governance in the delivery of Supplier Finance, engage with key stakeholders to continuously enhance our product proposition e.g Risk, Compliance, Legal, etc.
- Assist to build and supports the Banks return metrics and growth via support via Risk Distribution, Insurance for the SCF Product Programs.
- Stakeholder management across various functions including Sales, Legal, Compliance, Credit, Tax, Finance, Operations etc to ensure continued product governance across markets.
- Assist and create influence along with local teams to support challenging structures which can be shows to meet the risk, control and return standards of the Bank. (Stakeholders such as operational risk, technology, legal, tax, compliance, product development, channels….)
- Lead any other product initiatives that may come up time to time.
- Work with the team to develop a strategy related core operating platforms, Middleware and channels to ensure attainment of our goal to be the Number 1 supply chain bank. Ensuring we strive to satisfy customers, drive market differentiation, enhance competitive advantage, improve performance and strengthen the Bank's leadership position in this space
- Engage and liaise with third party platform providers as necessary to establish and further develop relationships of key strategic importance to the Bank
- Constantly innovate the existing product offering and create new solutions keeping in mind evolving client needs, and the needs for a robust platform to service a global business model.
Budget and targets
- Work with country product teams and regional trade heads to establish and drive the budgets and targets for the products under management.
- Clearly articulate product level objectives for the year and re-budget as necessary. Creating influence and insights into the budgeting process.
- Monitor and track the business performance by working closely with other departments such as Finance, Credit, Legal, Compliance and Trade Operations
- Constantly monitor business performance at country/regional and global levels and devise initiatives to plug any gaps in relevant geographies.
Compliance and Risk Governance
- Ensure all product compliance, and risk governance is abided by at all times, including operational risks, compliance and financial crime. Aim to push the barriers of commerciality within the confines of these requirements, always striving for the best outcomes that protect the Banks reputations and risk frameworks
- Constantly review applicable policies and procedures (internal as well as external) and ensure zero tolerance in terms of product breaches
Process Re-design and Change Management
- Engage in the design and development activity relating to new products and the re-engineering of existing products/processes.
- Take the iniative to listen to key stakeholders and redesign processes as necessary to meet the needs for a reduced TAT for the business
Qualifications and Skills
- Strategic: ability to appreciate the bigger picture, create alternatives & instinctively spot relevant patterns, while remaining aware of the detailed nuances
- Commercially strong, able to quickly identify client needs and create market leading pitches
- Strong credit, legal documentation and technology skills with previous experience in delivering complex multi-country solutions preferred
- Strong aptitude to spot improvements in operational efficiency and processes and a ready desire to get ones hands dirty and drive change
- Solid understanding of end-to-end requirements to sell / structure / manage / implement / distribute cross-geography distribution finance and supplier finance solutions
- 10 years of regional or global experience within Supply Chain Finance
- Strong thought-leadership credentials in the SCF space and Open Account Trade in general
- Combination of large and small deal experience (across geographies desirable).
- Good understanding of global players, technology solutions, industry associations, latest market trends
- Excitement and creativity to appreciate the advantages FinTech's can deliver
- Process redesign experience and a desire to push through challenging processes to simplify
- A well rounded individual who is a team player, and who has the aptitude and interest to turn their hand at anything as required for the role and support the objectives of the business.