Product Specialist, Equity Advisory (Associate Director)
At Bank of Singapore, we are constantly on the lookout for exceptional individuals to join our team. We promote a culture of openness, teamwork and fairness. Most importantly, we invest in our people through our programmes that develop them on both professional and personal levels. Besides attractive remuneration packages, we offer non-financial benefits and opportunities to develop your potential within OCBC Group’s global network of subsidiaries and offices. If you have passion, drive and the will to succeed, rise to the challenge today!
At Bank of Singapore, we are constantly on the lookout for exceptional individuals to join our team. We promote a culture of openness, teamwork and fairness. Most importantly, we invest in our people through our programmes that develop them on both professional and personal levels. Besides attractive remuneration packages, we offer non-financial benefits and opportunities to develop your potential within OCBC Group's global network of subsidiaries and offices. If you have passion, drive and the will to succeed, rise to the challenge today!
The Bank of Singapore, a subsidiary of OCBC, is seeking a Product Specialist, Equity Advisory for its Singapore office. The candidate, as a product specialist within the Internal Equity Advisory team, will be responsible for growing the Equities and Derivatives business. The main responsibility of the candidate is to originate and distribute equities and derivatives investment ideas and solutions. The candidate will also be a dedicated Equities and Derivatives resource to attend internal meetings with RMs and ICs to present ideas and updates, attend joint calls and meetings with end clients, and work with the CIO and research teams to develop investment themes and ideas. Lastly, the candidate will be challenged to undertake project work in the trading department's fast growing data and digital initiatives.
Responsibilities for this position will include the following: Equities Advisory
- Originate daily, actionable cash equity, and equity derivative investment ideas for the Front Office, in line with Bank of Singapore's research views, validated against additional elements such as technical signals, momentum, short term catalysts, flows etc.
- Assist with implementation of the desk's flagship 'High Conviction List' of top global equity ideas.
- Continuously review the top equity holdings of clients within the bank and provide recommendations regarding re-balancing, taking profit or providing recovery ideas.
- Effectively communicate relevant market information and investment ideas to internal stakeholders and clients, including regular presentations to the Front Office.
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with Front Office sales teams and provide training where necessary.
- Curate the desk's shelf of thematic solutions and manage the after-sales process.
- Ensure compliance with all internal and regulatory policies and procedures.
- Participate in the trading department's business initiatives and process changes.
- Work closely with the Equity Research team and asset class advisory teams to deliver a broad range of investment solutions.
- Help drive the build-out of the trading floor's data capabilities, as well as the migration of investment content to digital channels.
- We are ultimately looking for high character individuals who are resilient, intellectually curious, team-oriented, and take pride in their work.
- Candidates should preferably have at least 5 years of relevant Equities and/or Derivatives experience in a sell-side or buy-side institution. That said, outstanding candidates with fewer years of work experience, but with demonstrable ambition, hunger to learn, and a passion for equities will be considered.
- Candidates must have strong equities knowledge, including the ability to understand fundamental and technical factors. In this regard, candidates with research analyst backgrounds are well-received.
- Excellent communication skills are a must. Candidates must be able to articulate and defend an investment thesis, while having the confidence to present in front of large groups. Strong writing skills are also mandatory.
- Candidates with the experience and/or the technical skill set to continue the build out of the franchise's data and digital capabilities are highly preferred.
Team Lead, Equities Advisory, Sales & Trading