Production Support (DevOps), FX and Commodities
- Singapore Singapore Singapore SG
- Permanent, Full time
- J.P. Morgan
- 18 Aug 18 2018-08-18
Production Support (DevOps), FX and Commodities
About the CCEM PM team
The CCEM (Commodities, Currencies & Emerging Markets) Production Management team is a DevOps modelled front office application support team responsible for the stability and resiliency of the global CCEM applications. We are a truly global team of 30+ members with the presence in AMER, EMEA and Asia and we use Follow-the-Sun model for the production support.
In Singapore, we interact directly with the Front Office traders, Middle office users as well as with our Application Development and Global Infrastructure partners. The CCEM business is highly electronic and relies heavily on the high availability (stability) and agility of our application software. Our team's top focus is automation and tooling using DevOps principals that will continuously eliminate repeat work and enhances our productivity on YOY basis.
This job requires a decent mix of business and technology expertise. Our team is fairly technical as everyone is empowered to access and fix the application software (code and configuration) and make recommendations to the developers. We deal with front office trading applications, risk management systems, pricing engines, client STP flow, middle office booking flow and end-of-day feeds to various downstream.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Trade floor support and Problem solving - Primary role is problem solving, application and trade floor support for FX, Rates and Commodities business. It requires you to be a quick learner with good troubleshooting skills.
- Basic development and debugging skills (DevOps) - Debug production issues by digging into the application code (mostly Python), Writing support related helpers and ad-hoc scripts, System automation and optimizations. This is a very DevOps aligned production management role.
- Collaboration - Role implies extensive collaboration with the developers, business users and global production management teams. It requires you to be an effective communicator and a team player.
- Automation Design/Implementer - Design, implement, fix and recommend strategies to automate for a very reliable production system/flow. Being technically hands-on will help in this aspect.
- Incident management - Production incident management, root cause analysis (RCA) and related follow ups to ensure closure of the issue.
- Capacity and Resiliency - Plan, manage, monitor and optimize the production related infrastructure (Linux, IBM MQ, Database systems, Network etc.), related capacity and resiliency management
- Minimum 2 years of experience doing L1 and/or L2 production support, preferably in finance domain.
- 2-8 years of overall industry experience preferably related to finance domain. Knowledge of FX and/or Rates trading would be a great plus.
- Very hands-on working with Linux, scripting (Shell, Python and/or Perl) and database systems. Ability to automate and build tools for improved productivity would be a great plus.
- Quick thinker, problem solver (even under pressure) and a fast learner under constantly changing environment.
- Very good communication skills, be able to communicate effectively to both traders and technology partners
- Ability to understand incredibly demanding nature of the trade floor, or eagerness to experience it
AboutJ.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bankis a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world'smost important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with theirbusiness in more than 100 countries. With nearly $20 trillion of assets undercustody, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raisescapital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
JPMorgan Chase & Co . (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm withassets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader ininvestment banking, financial services for consumers and small business,commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. Acomponent of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. servesmillions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's mostprominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morganand Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com .
J.P.Morgan is a place for talented people from all backgrounds and perspectivesbecause our clients come from all backgrounds and perspectives. We encourage aculture of inclusion, where everyone's opinion counts and all employees havethe freedom to deliver their absolute best. This is why we work hard and investin attracting and developing a diverse workforce. Learn more about our Business Resource Groups in how they help our employees build successful careers and reach their greatestpotential.