Program Manager Global Merchant Services
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal's 305 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
In this exciting role you will be part of our Global Merchant Services PMO managing a portfolio of Commercial projects/programs that will enable our global customer success organization to bring its vision to life by building the best-in-class customer success management function for payments. Our global customer success organization (CSO) delivers a strong and deep relationship with our customers, that goes beyond expectations, focused on driving growth for our customers and for PayPal.
Why this is a fantastic opportunity
We are a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. Our One Team Behaviors demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
- Lead and manage complex commercial projects from initiation to implementation by translating strategic priorities into execution-oriented programs.
- Ensure each program is built around clear commercial objectives and delivers comprehensive guidance on the execution by the CSO organization. This may include product value proposition, sales tools, pricing strategy, sales operations process as well as the internal risk and compliance requirements.
- Accountable for delivering projects on time, within defined scope and budget.
- Support Business Leaders to scope and structure new commercial programs.
- Accountable for project documentation including project plans, timelines, status reports, and issue/risk logs.
- Responsible for controlling and monitoring performance across all aspects of an assigned project
- Provide support to senior leaders through decision making processes.
- Communicates project portfolio updates regularly to all stakeholders across all levels of our organization.
- Build strong relationships & networks across the PayPal Global Merchant Services organization and internal stakeholders such as Commercial, Risk, Compliance, Finance, Product, and Marketing.
- Contribute to driving knowledge sharing, standardization, best practice sharing and lessons learned across the PMO.
- 3 to 5 years program management experience preferably within a Customer Success driven organization.
- A recognized program management qualification/membership would be beneficial but not essential.
- Proven success in delivering complex projects/programs within scope, on time and within budget while exceeding stakeholder satisfaction.
- Experience of driving complex commercial campaigns achieving results through partnership with multiple internal departments.
- Experience in leading programs in a Sales or Service eCommerce organization would be beneficial but not essential.
- Ability to assess, analyze, and resolve issues, and distill that complexity into simple communication.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong analytical, verbal and written communication. Quality focused with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and assignments. Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
- Demonstrate a willingness to take charge and work effectively to deliver results, despite internal or external obstacles.
- Ability to drive senior stakeholder management across all levels of our organization.
- Confident with preparing presentations for a variety of audiences.
- Experience in proposing solutions and driving decisions.
- Passion for user experience with a strong operational background.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment across geographical boundaries.
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work on own initiative.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Tools.
- International travel will be required.
Key competencies of Program Management at PayPal
- Strategy and Vision
- Define and measure KPI's
- Business/Technical Acumen
- Decision making
- Agile excellence
- Planning and Execution
- Risk management
- Process improvement
- Change Agent
- One team
- Inspire and influence
Some more information on PayPal
Our latest Financials
A message from Dan
The worlds most admired companies
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.