- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 09 Nov 17
Programme PMO - BCBS 239 Data
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Please view Job Description for details.SCB established the Chief Data Office (CDO) in early 2014, reporting to the Group CIO. The primary objective of the CDO is to establish the data quality management framework (DQMF) and propagate adoption of the DQMF, allied procedures and processes across different functions of the Bank.
The Chief Data Office at SCB ensures awareness of, and confidence in, the bank's data in support of conduct objectives, risk management, regulatory reporting, customer experience, MIS/ business decision making and analytics.
The CDO Function plays a pivotal role in enabling the Bank's compliance with the various regulatory & compliance requirements. The team has been involved with a number of key programs like BCBS239, FATCA, IFRS, Financial Crime to ensure the adoption of the data quality management framework.
CDO is also driving the Enterprise Data management stream for normalization of the banks front to back data flows. It provides oversight for Data Architecture and Innovation across the bank.
Define, implement & manage the programme PMO (Program Management Office) activities for the BCBS239 Enterprise Wide Data Programme
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Define the program governance artefacts, including delivery dashboards, ongoing status report templates & all documentation requirements, in line with the PMO standards.
- Liaise with the Program Manager, Program AE & the Project Managers for each of the underlying projects to agree the delivery plans, project terms of reference & the governance standards for the Program.
- Implement the governance standards for the Program and the underlying projects.
- Liaise with the Portfolio PMO to understand the program PMO artefacts to be produced & ensure necessary completion on time.
- Track delivery progress, risks & issues and financials through Clarity.
- Act as the Secretariat for the Program Governance Committee - including creation of the Program Status Packs & allied documents.
- Work closely with the Program Manager to create the delivery roadmap to enable BCBS239 full compliance.
- Define the business case for 2018, 2019 delivery and enable presentation to the BCBS239 PRC for approvals.
Qualifications and Skills
- Masters Degree from a recognised university.
- 10 years + experience in the Banking / Financial Services industry.
- Experience managing PMO activities for programs in the regulatory change and / or data management areas.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in project & program tracking, budgeting, delivery management, planning & stakeholder management on large scale transformational programs.
- Experience in establishing & managing a Program PMO for multi-million dollar programs.
- Proven experience in establishing program governance standards, mechanisms & dashboards for delivery tracking.
- Strong communication & stakeholder management skills - with experience in interacting with Senior Management (MD level) stakeholders.
- Experience in Regulatory Change programmes with cross-functional programme management teams.
- Hands on experience in Clarity.
- Expertise in program governance activities & exposure within the Chief Data Office.
- Outstanding ability to write clear, concise and plain English.
- Outstanding ability to communicate with a wide range of stakeholders from a broad range of backgrounds.
- Outstanding ability to negotiate with senior stakeholders to achieve strategic outcomes.
- Structured thinker with the ability to break down complexity into smaller parts to aid communication and implementation
- Self-starter and individual contributor who is comfortable with working within a geographically diverse line management structure
- Experience in developing policies, procedures and controls.
Experience in BCBS239 Data Governance & Data Quality workstreams.
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is 19/11/2017. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.