Project Engineer – Office 365 Implementation
- Contract, Full time
- TechBridge Market Holdings HK
- 17 Feb 18 2018-02-17
Our client, a leading global IT services company, is looking for a Project Engineer for a large Office 365 implementation based onsite at one of their major Singapore based clients. This is a 1 year contract role with the possibility for extension.
This position is for a project system engineer role assisting in Office 365 migration project. The ideal candidate is responsible for Office 365 end user migration, including support, troubleshooting, resolution, problem ticket escalations, and end user documentation. A person in this position is a specialist with some knowledge and experience in the areas of Microsoft Office 365, Azure Active Directory, Outlook clients, and related hardware/software.
This individual will work with Group IT Manager/Support Staff and end users in planning, migration and upgrades of 10000+ on premise mailboxes to online Office 365 cloud. The massive rollout will be split in different time zones across the globe.
- Supported and implemented projects for end users in Microsoft Office (2007/2010/2013)
- Supported and implemented projects for end users in on-premise Exchange Hybrid environment with O365, and migrating to O365
- Supported and implemented projects for end users in Microsoft Exchange
- Supported end user solutions (e.g. Active Directory, SCCM, O365, Lync, Cloud backup etc)
- Supported and implemented for end user or desktop support includes
- Patching, Software distribution of desktop / Laptops (SCCM or others)
- Defining and creating desktop / laptop SOE images (Hardware standards, GPO, security hardening) - Standard laptops/desktops and Standard Software
- Support centrally managed Licensing compliance
- Supported and implemented project for end users such as:
- Citrix VDI user deployment, user VDI imaging and operations
- Citrix Xenapp support and user focused involvement
- End user Mobility: Multi Factor Authentication, VPM, Cloud Backup
- File sharing, printing, cloud printing, etc. and other end user side productivity options
- Coordinated with Service Desk and L2/L3 support teams around the globe for issue resolution
- Created and maintain detailed documentation of migration activities and end user procedure and support processes
- Prepare detailed workbook with tasklist, ownership, timing and steps to be performed before and after migration
- Coordinate the changes with Global IT Operation Team & Local/Regional IT team.
- Work with vendors & partners to migrate on-premise exchange mailboxes
- Provide updates to Project Manager on the status and progress on migration task.
- Provide updated report & project plan task for migration & support.
- Communicate necessary information to all levels of the organization.
- 5+ years of relevant IT experience (desktop management, backup, patch management, monitoring, security, performance, capacity, availability)
- 5+ years' EUC engineering SME experience within an IT service provider or internal IT organization
- 3+ year' experiencing in deploying and managing SaaS based end-user services such as O365, Cloud backup etc.
- 2+ years' experience in Identity and Access Management
- 2+ years' experience in business mobility, Mobile Device management (MDM), Mobile information management (MIM), BYOD
- 3+ years' experience in engineering, designing and deploying End User Computing products or solutions
- 3+ years' experience in infrastructure design of Active Directory and desktop systems deployment, workspace services, and Single Sign On technologies
- Technical knowledge of various MS Windows operating systems and database solutions
- Experience with application virtualization or electronic software distribution management systems (e.g., Microsoft SMS/SCCM)
- Understanding of computer server architectures, including Storage Area Networking (SAN), networking topics
- Excellent communications and interpersonal and presentation skills
- Knowledge of Health & Security Industry IT Operations would be a strong benefit.