- Permanent, Full time
- OCBC Bank
- 23 Oct 17
Project ManagerRoles and Responsibilities:
- Project manage implementation of various capability building initiatives and system projects within Operational Risk Management(ORM) Department and to ensure alignment with Group Risk Management IT Roadmap
- Work closely with IT project manager to develop project plans, track project activities and deliverables
- Apply effective SDLC methodology and enforce project standards
- Ensures common understanding of project goals by setting and managing expectations between end users, OCBC IT counterparts and the vendor
- Work closely with the relevant parties (ORM Functional Lead, IT project manager, business units and vendors) to ensure that the initiatives/ projects are well defined
- Coordinates the gathering of requirements to define the scope and deliverables of the project in collaboration with leadership, process owners and operational team members
- Responsible for clearly understanding business needs and ensure completeness of user requirements and communication to respective IT counterparts and vendor
- Analyze and identify productivity improvements wherever possible
- Anticipates potential schedule delays and initiates plans for alternative actions with the IT project manager with thorough understanding of project risks and impact
- Facilitate end user change management focus on process integration/analysis and measurements for success
- Monitor and report on progress of the project to all stakeholders(e.g. Senior Management, Project Steering Committee and Working group members)
- Provide end user support and perform administration on existing ORM Systems, ORM intranet and implement/manage system enhancements
- Ensure compliance to Business as usual procedures
- Identify and Management Quality projects that would result to productivity gains and savings to the Bank
- Identify appropriate overall project monitoring/ review mechanism to provide management oversight on project status, issues, key risks and mitigation actions
- Engage with the business units, regional offices and subsidiaries to ensure active participation in the projects and successful project delivery
- Degree holder in any IT-related field or equivalent.
- Some working experience in the banking industry.
- 5-8 years of experience in Project management with at least 2 years of experience in leading a medium to complex Project.
- Strong project management skills and discipline in tracking project timeline(including Vendor, IT and End User Activities) using Microsoft Project.
- Demonstrate ability to multi-task and execute a mixture of Simple to Complex Projects (e.g. cross functional, multi stakeholder) together with BAU activities.
- Excellent analytical, inter-personal, communications and stakeholder management skills to facilitate strong collaboration across Operational Risk Management Teams and the Bank's Business Units.
- Exceptional problem solving skills and able to work under pressure.
- Able to work independently and as part of the team.
- Understanding of operational risk management would be an advantage.
- Excellent in MS Office tools such as MS Project, MS Excel, MS Powerpoint etc.
- Knowledge on Microsoft Sharepoint, Qlikview and Data Analytics would be an advantage.
Head of Programme Management, Operational Risk Manager