- Permanent, Full time
- OCBC Bank
Project Manager – Operational Risk Management
Project Manager – Operational Risk ManagementProject Manager - Operational Risk Management
Having purpose and making a real impact drives what we do at OCBC, for our customers, colleagues and the community. People count on us to deliver an amazing banking experience, but more importantly one that is uncomplicated and complements their changing lifestyle and business needs. Our employees are the architects that make this all possible; they are high performing individuals and teams, experts in their field and above all believe in our purpose and commitment to customers.
Our community of game changers at OCBC builds for the future; think Ambitious goals, act with a strong Belief and execute with Courage and agility to drive impact. These ABCs sit at the centre of our culture of change and innovation.
What you'll do
- Project manage implementation of various capability building initiatives and system projects within Operational Risk Management(ORM) Department and to ensure alignment with Group Risk Management IT Roadmap
- Work closely with IT project manager to develop project plans, track project activities and deliverables
- Apply effective SDLC methodology and enforce project standards
- Ensures common understanding of project goals by setting and managing expectations between end users, OCBC IT counterparts and the vendor
- Work closely with the relevant parties (ORM Functional Lead, IT project manager, business units and vendors) to ensure that the initiatives/ projects are well defined
- Coordinates the gathering of requirements to define the scope and deliverables of the project in collaboration with leadership, process owners and operational team members
- Responsible for clearly understanding business needs and ensure completeness of user requirements and communication to respective IT counterparts and vendor
- Analyze and identify productivity improvements wherever possible
- Anticipates potential schedule delays and initiates plans for alternative actions with the IT project manager with thorough understanding of project risks and impact
- Facilitate end user change management focus on process integration/analysis and measurements for success
- Monitor and report on progress of the project to all stakeholders(e.g. Senior Management, Project Steering Committee and Working group members)
- Provide end user support and perform administration on existing ORM Systems, ORM intranet and implement/manage system enhancements
- Ensure compliance to Business as usual procedures
- Identify and Management Quality projects that would result to productivity gains and savings to the Bank
- Identify appropriate overall project monitoring/ review mechanism to provide management oversight on project status, issues, key risks and mitigation actions
- Engage with the business units, regional offices and subsidiaries to ensure active participation in the projects and successful project delivery
What you bring
• Degree holder in any IT-related field or equivalent.
• Some working experience in the banking industry.
• 5-8 years of experience in Project management with at least 2 years of experience in leading a medium to complex Project.
• Strong project management skills and discipline in tracking project timeline(including Vendor, IT and End User Activities) using Microsoft Project.
• Demonstrate ability to multi-task and execute a mixture of Simple to Complex Projects (e.g. cross functional, multi stakeholder) together with BAU activities.
• Excellent analytical, inter-personal, communications and stakeholder management skills to facilitate strong collaboration across Operational Risk Management Teams and the Bank's Business Units.
• Exceptional problem solving skills and able to work under pressure.
• Able to work independently and as part of the team.
• Understanding of operational risk management would be an advantage.
• Excellent in MS Office tools such as MS Project, MS Excel, MS Powerpoint etc.
• Knowledge on Microsoft Sharepoint, Qlikview and Data Analytics would be an advantage.