Project Manager - Sustainability & Environmental Risk
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
APAC Project Services is part of the APAC Program Management Office within the APAC Chief Operating Office.
We are accountable to execute front to back divisional change programs, ensuring strong governance with clear escalation, developing a deep understanding of the subject matter and deploying experienced managers across multiple initiatives. The project manager is expected to support senior project and program managers by leading component workstreams, assisting in the creation of reports and updates for senior management and undertaking business analysis.
Be part of a team that leads cross-department projects, providing you with exposure to many areas of the APAC division (Business and Regulatory activities). The opportunity to work on multiple projects and there will be support for training and professional development.
The initial focus of the role will be to support the APAC Sustainability initiatives. This role will work closely with the APAC Sustainability Committee and APAC Businesses to establish, drive and report on the progress of activities that align with the Group's Sustainability goals.
- Supporting the regional coordination of activities to support the global Sustainability Program and priorities from the APAC Sustainability Committee
- Working in partnership with the APAC Businesses to establish governance and working groups to respond to sustainability priorities
- Assessing and mobilising project governance for regulatory initiative related to ESG & Sustainability (local and global)
- Maintaining clear connectivity and communication with our global counterparts
- Scope the project or work stream to support the senior project or program manager.
- Helping to define and implement the project governance model and associated roles and responsibilities.
- Liaising with the various business units and Corporate Functions supporting departments to establish priorities and agree solutions.
- Maintaining a project plan, highlighting upcoming milestone dates
- Monitoring, tracking and reporting project progress to the business partners.
- Ensuring actions, issues, and risks are identified and managed effectively.
- Preparing communications within the project and to external business partners.
- Formalise key artefacts required through the project lifecycle in line with change governance standards
- Delivering workstream objectives to support the realization of project benefit targets.
- Maintaining storage and retrieval of project communications, data and business metrics.
- Seek to establish and document business processes.
- Tracking project financials and provide regular reporting updates
- 10+ years' experience working in financial services
- Have actively contributed with the implementation of projects.
- Previous experience in the development of Environment Social & Governance (ESG) / Sustainability policies / initiatives
- Bachelor's degree and relevant work experience.
- Familiar with the project lifecycle and have experience in managing challenges related to project implementation.
Skills & Knowledge
- Outstanding communications skills, including presentation skills - in both formal and informal settings
- Strong organizational skills, with a structured approach to managing and completing tasks
- Solid commercial focus - sensitive to business needs and requirements but also solution orientated
- General business analysis and problem solving skills
- Excellent knowledge of standard office software applications (e.g., Microsoft Excel, Visio, PowerPoint).
- An interest to pursue a project management qualification (Prince2, PMI or similar), if not already acquired
- Ability to handle uncertainty and flexibility to associated inherently with regulatory changes
- Knowledge of ESG regulatory initiatives, both locally within APAC (pending) and globally
- Familiar with external trends and developments within the ESG & Sustainability sector
- A positive can-do approach!
- Result oriented, dedicated, hardworking who can work on own initiative and can deliver on time with a high level of integrity and flexibility, sense of urgency, attention to detail and quality standards
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.