- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 01 Dec 17
Project Manager, Capital Regulatory Projects
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Please view Job Description for details.Standard Chartered is a leading international banking group operating for over 150 years in Asia, Africa and the Middle East. We've built a successful and sustainable business by playing a fundamental role in economies, helping people and businesses grow and achieve their aspirations. With over 89,000 employees representing 127 nationalities, we value the diversity and unique perspectives amongst our people. We are committed to developing their strengths and enabling them to make a difference to our success by helping them fulfil their potential.
The Project Manager will:
* Manage project teams to deliver Capital Regulatory projects for the Bank
* Delivery of regulatory and strategic Capital projects, including ownership of business benefits, representing budget control of ~$5m per year
* Ownership and accountability of projects from conception through to post-implementation review, ensuring all necessary governance steps, and testing practises are followed correctly and completely.
* Take ownership for the delivery of agreed business outcomes according to time, budget and scope.
* Enforce a structured approach to project delivery within the team to realise synergies and efficiencies where possible
* Advocate best practice change management protocols for projects, including multiple streams.
* Run regular working groups and steering committees as required, following program PMO guidelines
* Engage with senior level stakeholders and business managers on a regular basis
* Co-ordinate between FOT and Technology to assist delivery solutions to tight timescales
This role requires strong project management skills, sound understanding of the Systems Development Life Cycle, an understanding of functional areas and data requirements to satisfy delivery of business benefits.
Projects utilise teams and skillsets in various locations, experience in a virtual project environment will also be useful.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
* Define the implementation roadmap for each project - scope, detailed work plan, resource plan
* Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
* Determine the resources (time, money, equipment, etc) required to complete the project
* Develop a schedule for project completion that effectively allocates the resources to the activities
* Establish a communication strategy to update stakeholders including appropriate staff in the organization on the progress of the project
* Ensure delivery of the benefits as per the project execution document
* Ensure resource availability and allocation
* Measure project performance using appropriate metrics and techniques
* Stakeholders management - communication, issue remediation, risk management
* Manage respective project teams to deliver as per agreed plan
* Overall responsibility for the successful initiation, planning, design, execution, monitoring, controlling and closure of a project. .
* Coordinating internal resources and third parties/vendors to enable execution of Capital projects
Programme Management Awareness
* Complete project definition in line with Programme level strategy
* Throughout the life of the project review and prioritise to ensure ongoing alignment
* Ensure development of benefit profiles, and active management of benefit realisation
* Ensure robust and transparent programmatic controls including resource, financial, schedule and quality management, status reporting and governance - including use of automated tooling (Clarity)
* Ensure interdependencies with other projects and programmes are managed effectively
* Ongoing management of project capitalisation ratio's and forecast
1. Global head of Treasury Capital Risk
2. Global head of Capital Regulatory Reporting
3. Leads from internal and external programmes (Eg; BCBS 239 / IFRS9)
4. Group Technology and Operations
Qualifications and Skills
* Good knowledge of organisational design and process implementation to support regulatory driven financial reporting
* Experience in running Capital projects especially on regulatory initiatives such as BCBS
* Broad understanding of financial reporting and financial reporting applications
* Experienced in all stages of the project lifecycle, e.g. planning, requirements gathering, design documentation, testing and rollout
* Over 10 years in Project Management including experience in an Investment Banking environment on large scale change projects
* Thorough understanding of Project delivery methodologies - Agile, SDLC
* Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills covering both senior and operational levels
* Experience of programme definition and delivery in an evolving regulatory environment
* Capital and Regulatory PSC
* PSCs for Capital projects
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is 09/11/2017. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Standard Chartered is an equal opportunity employer. We have a meritocratic culture where each individual employee is valued and respected for who they are as a person and for what they bring to the organisation.