Project Manager Compliance - Process & Systems
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you’re valued as part of our team!About BNP Paribas in Asia Pacific ( www.apac.bnpparibas )
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 15,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 74 countries with more than 190,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
Following the Global Compliance Transformation programme, Compliance APAC is deploying and enhancing Tools that Compliance Officers use in their day to day work.
The Project Manager will oversee a set of Compliance tools within Asia Pacific throughout the product lifecycle. These stages include gathering and documenting product and user requirements, defining the product vision, prioritising deployments, and industrialising the rollout of products. Within this lifecycle, the Project Manager will collaborate closely with stakeholders to ensure IT Tools and products will provide efficiencies and support for Compliance Officers in a cost effective manner.
The Project Manager will also actively perform Business Analyst duties as required and write business specifications. This includes collating, analysing and documenting user requirements as well as proposing appropriate recommendations that will positively impact operational effectiveness.
In collaboration with Compliance Head Office, the Project Manager will define the roadmap for the use of Compliance Tools within Compliance Asia Pacific.
• Oversee and drive project plans and business analysis of APAC Compliance requirements
• In collaboration with stakeholders, define and obtain agreement for programmes of work
• Create and execute project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
• Report on project progress and highlight project risks to senior stakeholders during steering committee meetings
• Ensure project timelines are respected and ensure consistency with the overall program
• Define program / project scope, objectives and governance in collaboration with manager and stakeholders
• Track project progress and ensure project documents are complete, current and stored appropriately
• Engage project stakeholders proactively in regular progress updates, decisions and resolution of issues
• Support training and user acceptance activities
• Consolidate SLAs / Regulatory filling documents & Outsourcing committees if required
• Ensure strict program management and timing in liaison with central teams
o Ensure consistency of target model with other entities
o Help on estimation and consolidation of resource needs
o Prepare SteerCo materials and reporting as required
• Work with the Head of Compliance Projects & Systems APAC and Project Managers (both IT and Compliance) to develop technology and process specifications for changes that will benefit the growth of Compliance APAC
• Define and document functional specifications with Stakeholders, Business Analysts, and IT
• Write business analysis and document specifications of APAC Compliance requirements. These requirements relate to both technology and Compliance process enhancements
• Define product functional specifications with Compliance Stakeholders, Business Stakeholders, Business Analysts, and IT
• Act as the bridge between Stakeholders and Delivery Team translating business use cases into user requirements and communicating IT queries in an effective manner to Compliance stakeholders
• Collaborate with Delivery Team to analyze user requirements and ensure deliverables fulfil user requirements
• Contribute to the Permanent Control framework
Technical and Behavioural Competencies required
• 5 years of project management experience
• Ability to proactively and effectively communicate with project stakeholders
• Natural empathy skills required in order to be able to communicate, negotiate, and interact with stakeholders
• Past experience in investment banking project work (e.g. IT related deliveries) is preferred
• Extremely high level of competency in using Microsoft Office suite. For Excel, a precise Data analysis methodology will be required. For Microsoft PowerPoint, the focus is on the use of graphical imagery to concisely convey key messages
• Experience in dealing with demanding stakeholders will be beneficial
• Knowledgeable on Compliance related topics (e.g AML, KYC, Professional Ethics…)
Experience and Qualifications required
• Proven Track record in delivering projects in an investment bank or similar institution
• Degree holder
• Once Project Management / business analysis experience is established, focus for the candidate will be on interpersonal fit.