As the Project Manager at Schroders, you will play a key role in the implementation projects in Asia. This includes undertaking detailed analysis on business requirements and risk governance, process, system gaps and support all stages of the project lifecycle.
- Drive delivery against agreed timelines within the boundaries of the Fund Management Company (FMC) Project to expand Schroders’ footprint into the China market to achieve its China Expansion Strategy.
- Role reports into the APAC head of Operations Change and requires the individual to work with the front-to-back central Programme Manager and other departments to delivery Operations objectives within the areas of Fund Accounting (FA), Transfer Agency (TA) and Investment Operations.
- Scope includes defining Custodian, FA &TA Operations and Investment Operations target operating model, facilitate the business decisions on insourcing/outsourcing strategy for data centre, operations and reporting. Ensure Operational readiness by establishing the internal policies, corporate governance, people & location and training. Comply with the CSRC regulatory requirement from an operational standpoint.
- Establish and reinforce open and effective communication between Operations business clients, IT partners, vendors, central programme teams and other departments to deliver the Operations scope.
- Deliver the project in time and in quality to meet business objectives
- Establish project cadence and governance framework within the standards
- Establish stakeholder management approach which manages all APAC stakeholder expectations regarding the strategy and associated changes
- Drive team to key deliverables critical path
- Ownership of Project artefacts and outputs to global Workstream initiative standards
- Regular formal and informal status updates to Head of Operations Change
- Management of key project risks and issues
- Management of key project dependencies and to impacted other initiatives in the group
- Participation in FMC central programme regular governance meetings
- Work closely with technology teams and external vendors on the implementation
- Coordinate acceptance tests and rollout with business and operational users
To be successful in this role, you should possess the following requisites:
- Possess strong Project Management skillset. Preference given to candidates with PMP or Prince II project certification, able to lead the project team throughout in the entire project lifecycle
- Possess Business Analysis skillset
- Extensive experience of running medium to large projects within the Asset Management industry. Preference is given to candidates with Fund Accounting, Transfer Agency & Investment Operations experience, possess knowledge of CSRC China regulatory requirement.
- Experience in running with cross functional projects in a virtual environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Mandarin with the ability to engage professionally at all levels within the organisation including senior stakeholders, to support our implementation projects in China and liaise closely with our Chinese counterparts.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Organised and methodical in approach with the ability to communicate at the senior level as well as down to the detail level where required
- A “can do” attitude with a passion for hitting deadlines