Python Developer - 6 months contract
The successful candidate will work as part of a dynamic Credit Risk Modelling team and is expected to:
- Work with the modelling team to understand the model logic. Design, develop and test Python codes based on the model logic to meet the requirements.
- Understand pseudo-codes written by techno-functional users and write the relevant Python codes to meet the exact requirement.
- Design codes to handle large volume of input data in an efficient manner.
- Perform the necessary configuration/design to optimize codes to multi-thread the back-end processing (parallel processing) to exploit the available server resources such as CPU/Memory/Storage etc.
- Build necessary user interface for users to place input files / manual parameter and extract output results.
- Generate the macros necessary to capture the audit trail (job start time, end time, number of records processed, user who trigger the run etc.) of job execution in a tabular format and make it available to business user
- Read data from SAS datasets using Python API, if necessary.
- Perform unit testing and system integration testing.
- Work closely with OCBC IT team to automate the jobs in Bank's enterprise scheduler
- Prepare necessary design/operations documentation for future maintenance
*LI-MLIU Qualifications Requirements:
- Preferably 3-5 years of programming experience in Python.
- Sound knowledge in SQL and any other programming knowledge is essential.
- Strong problem-solving skills and an ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks.
- Strong team player with good communication skills and able to work with multiple stakeholders including senior managers.
- Good knowledge in Microsoft EXCEL, Word and Powerpoint