OVERVIEW: We seek a highly motivated experienced quantitative developer/researcher to join our quant team. We are especially interested in candidates who are can demonstrate an aptitude for problem solving and critical thinking. The Quant team at Grasshopper investigates a wide variety of technical and trading problems, so a keen intellect and a voracious appetite for learning are key characteristics of the successful incumbent.
The primary responsibility of the role involves:
- end-to-end ownership of the research and implementation of new quantitative signals and algorithms independently or with assistance and inputs from trading team.
- ongoing maintenance and performance improvements on the existing strategies
- monitoring and analyzing post-trade data for trading strategies
Throughout the process of development, the quant will work closely with traders to develop trading strategies and be responsible for the design and development of these strategies.
- Min. 3-5 years working experience in trading industry, preferably in HFTs or quant funds
- candidates with more experience can be considered for a senior position
- Min. Bachelor’s degree or further education with strong computational and academic background
- strong programming experience in C++ and Python is a must
- Good knowledge about trading, market structure and exchange infrastructure
- experienced in Linux, GDB and SQL is required
- track record of competitive sports (or e-sports) played is a plus
- ability to communicate ideas simply and succinctly in a diverse team
- ability to work in a fast-paced environment