Quantitative Engineer - AI
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities & Our Ideal Candidate
We are seeking a highly motivated and skilled software engineer with a love for solving business problems evolving around approximation and optimization algorithms. The successful candidate will be part of a small strategic Research team focused on high-performance computing, deep approximation and accelerated compute. The team will be focused on research and development building initial prototypes as well as collaborating with platform teams to translate prototypes into a platform/product to solve core business problems. This is a rare opportunity for a self-driven, start-up minded, strong and passionate researcher/engineer to participate and contribute to a paradigm shift in the financial sector. We want people driven by the mission! Qualifications:
Any of the below qualifications will be beneficial when being considered for this position.
- Bachelor's, Master's or PhD degree in: Computers Science, Computer/Electrical Engineering, or STEM related field.
- Experience in machine learning
- Strong C++, Haskell or Python programming skills.
- Knowledge of functional programming.
- Experience with numerical optimisation libraries.
- Experience with multithreaded, GPGPU or FPGA development.
- Experience in modelling complex real world problems, timeseries, big datasets.
As a senior member of the team,
Others desirable skills/knowledge:
- You will be responsible for the design and implementation of significant parts of the optimization (e.g. genetic algorithms / global optimizers and performance tuning) as well as deep approximation pipelines.
- Your work will make Financial Markets programs faster and will be key in enabling future business solutions.
- Ability to think "Product/platform" with a strong alignment with expected business outcomes/journeys
- Ability to scope minimum viable functionalities for quick and iterative/incremental deliveries - this is a must for the candidate
- Knowledge of technology production tooling - e.g. modern dev-ops - CI/CD pipelines
- Fluent in English (speaking and writing)
- Able to be self-driven in one's work ,
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good team spirit
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .