Quantitative Researcher Intern
Interns and Entry Level
About Cubist Cubist Systematic Strategies is one of the world's premier investment firms. The firm deploys systematic, computer-driven trading strategies across multiple liquid asset classes, including equities, futures and foreign exchange. The core of our effort is rigorous research into a wide range of market anomalies, fueled by our unparalleled access to a wide range of publicly available data sources.
Job Description Under the guidance of the Portfolio Manager, the candidate's main responsibility will be researching and developing novel systematic trading models in a financial setting.
A successful candidate will go through all aspects of the research process, including methodology selection, data collection and analysis, implementation and testing, prototyping, and performance evaluation.
- PhD in computer science, engineering, mathematics, physics, or other quantitative discipline.
- Post-doctorate research experience is a plus.
- Experience programming in MATLAB or Python.
- Interest in quant trading and curiosity about financial markets - prior experience in finance is not required.
- Clear, concise, and proactive communicator.
- Willing to take ownership of his/her work, working both independently and within a small team.
Point72 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Point72 is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. Point72 complies with applicable, local, state and federal laws on the subject of equal employment opportunity.