Redstone Commodity Search focus on offering 360° search solutions to the global commodities markets. With a competitive coverage of Trading Houses, Producers, Majors, Utilities, Merchants, Hedge Funds, Investment Banks and Brokerages; Redstone Commodity Search can confidently offer you an edge in today’s volatile market.
Redstone Commodity Search are working with a proprietary trading group looking to hire a Quantitative Researcher to develop new strategies for the Asian equity markets. Depending on the calibre of the candidate this position could also assume PnL responsibility as a junior Portfolio Manager. This position is based in Singapore.
Key Responsibilities / Tasks
- Responsible for researching quantitative trading strategies (stat arb) for the Asian equity markets
- Alpha idea (signal) generation, back testing and implementation
- Responsible for portfolio construction and optimization
- Improvement of existing strategies
- Evaluation of new datasets for alpha potential
Key Qualifications / Experience
- Ph.D. or M.S. degree from a leading university in a quantitative or highly analytical field (e.g. - Electrical Engineering, Physics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Financial Engineering)
- Track record in successful alpha research and implementation for the Asia equity markets (Asia Pacific, China, Japan, Korea).
- Experience with portfolio construction and optimization
- Strong programming proficiency (Python, R, etc)
- Fluent in English
- Based in Singapore (or willing to relocate to Singapore)