Quantitative Software Developer
Interns and Entry Level
Job Description We are passionate about data. We collaborate to build elegant, effective, scalable and highly reliable solutions to empower predictive modelling in finance.
Cubist's data services group is looking for a Quantitative Software Developer to join our dedicated team. Our group is responsible for the timely delivery of comprehensive and error-free data to some of the most demanding and successful systematic Portfolio Managers in the world.
This exceptional individual will be a member of a small team of Data Scientists and Data Analysts who play a vital role in ensuring the smooth day-to-day implementation of a large research infrastructure, and the live production trading of billions of dollars of capital across global capital markets, including equities, futures, options and other financial instruments.
- Monitoring and enhancing the automated data collection and cleansing infrastructure
- Research on new technologies for improved data management and efficient retrieval
- Building processes and technology tools to ingest, tag and clean datasets
- Implement high performance, mission critical applications in C++
- B.S. or higher in computer science or engineering
- Programming skills in C++, Python, and SQL
- Experience on system administration and process optimization on Linux
- Experience working with large datasets
- Experience with data structures and databases
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Intellectual curiosity and a love of learning
- Attention to detail and a love of process
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Point72 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Point72 is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. Point72 complies with applicable, local, state and federal laws on the subject of equal employment opportunity.