- Singapore Singapore Singapore SG
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 25 Jun 18 2018-06-25
S&P Global Ratings
The Role: Rating Analyst, Corporate Sector
The Location: Singapore
The Team / The Business: You will report to the Analytical Manager for South and South-East Asian Corporate Ratings, thereby working with a highly experienced analytical team on a diverse portfolio of corporate issuers across the region.
The Impact: You will be an important member in the credit ratings team for the Corporate Practice. You are responsible for supporting the primary analyst in analyzing individual company's financial performance, competitive industry placement and quality of management for analytical purposes. This analysis also includes sectors and market trends.
What's in it for you: You will be responsible for developing rating committee presentations, portfolio reviews and thought leadership aimed at investors and other financial market participants. You will also be involved in development of statistics and databases.
You will also play a key role within the Analytical team assisting experienced analysts in resolving client's needs, assessing client's financial performance, projections and business plan and concisely communicating with internal and external customers.
- Collect economic and financial information specific to markets and corporate organizations, conduct market sector analysis, interpret key market data, company's position within the industry and present these elements as useful business information for use in credit ratings and reports
- Work closely with analysts to develop the company's financial projections through use of most recent information in the financial model for input in credit rating.
- Support analysts to prepare presentations and participate in meetings with clients
- Conduct research including identifying data, data inputs and statistical analysis of results and create and maintain databases and analytical reports
- Assist in preparation of market reports including data research and use of graphics to best communicate ideas to the market
- Support drafting of company reports for publication.
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor degree in commerce, finance, accounting or related subjects
- Pursuing CPA or CFA designation will be ideal
- 2 - 4 years of research or analytical experience with other financial institutions
- Strong Excel and analytical skills to collate and analyze a wide range of information
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good organization skills and strong attention to details
- Good time management and prioritization; managing priorities while maintaining high standards; and strong ability and desire to work as part of a high performing team
About S&P Global Ratings
S&P Global Ratings is the world's leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law .