The Receptionist must understand the importance of creating a positive and professional first impression on callers and visitors.
To provide a concierge image of:
\tBeing helpful and approachable to our guests and internal staff
\tTo focus and to provide the very best in "guest service"
\tOffice lobby must always be in a "clean and neat" environment
\tRelevant experience with good telephone etiquette.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities, Key Responsibilities: Key Responsibilities
Answering telephone calls
- Attend to telephone calls and direct them to departments and taking messages, if needed.
- Backup Receptionist during 1-hour lunch break and absences when required.
- To maintain registers of courier transactions and outgoing mails and to reconcile with Accounts.
- To coordinate outgoing and incoming courier pickups and deliveries.
- To ensure that incoming faxes are distributed or forwarded to respective staff or department.
- Update the telephone directory regularly.
Collection of mails
- To collect mails from the Building post boxes.
- Date stamp all incoming mails for distribution.
- To record the operation of equipment such as coffee machine, kitchen appliances, board room equipment as well as equipment in all meeting rooms.
Booking of Meeting Rooms
- Assist in booking arrangement of meetings and conferences.
- To respond to requests in changing lighting tubes, air-conditioning, toilet malfunctioning, etc.
- Liaise with building maintenance team to service the requests.
- Assist in booking of taxis and restaurants.
- Attend to guests and serve drinks and food.
- To run errands for meal requests, if needed.
- Attend to walk-in visitors @ Reception.
- Ascertain purpose of visit and inform staff accordingly.
- Issue visitor passes and ensure all visitors are escorted into the office premises by staff.
- Attend to and sign for registered/couriered mails and parcels and redirect them to departments or to the recipient.
- Ensure that all meeting rooms and front lobby areas are cleaned and well-maintained and all chairs and sofas are neatly arranged and the tables are cleared of drinks.
- To keep the reception area to a high standard and maintain stacks of company publications on display shelving.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- To render support during BCP exercise.
- To assist the Chief Fire Warden in the event of Fire Evacuation Exercise.
- To assist with catering orders for events and meetings.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience
- Minimum Diploma and above
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to work in diverse environment
- Understand the necessity for confidentiality
- Motivated and enthusiastic
- Relevant experience with good telephone etiquette
Key Relationships and Department Overview: