We’re looking for a 6-months contractor to join our Reconciliations team in ensuring the integrity of custody and cash position data is maintained within our internal systems through our daily reconciliation processes.
As a global investment manager, we help institutions, intermediaries and individuals across the planet meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future. But as the world changes, so do our clients’ needs. That’s why we have a long history of adapting to suit the times and keeping our focus on what matters most to our clients.
Doing this takes experience and expertise. We bring together people and data to spot the trends that will shape the future. This provides a unique perspective which allows us to always invest with conviction. We are responsible for £421.4 billion (€469.5 billion/$536.7 billion) of assets for our clients who trust us to deliver sustainable returns. We remain determined to build future prosperity for them, and for all of society. Today, we have 5,000 people across six continents who focus on doing just this.
We are a global business that’s managed locally. This allows us to always keep our clients’ needs at the heart of everything we do. For over two centuries and more than seven generations we’ve grown and developed our expertise in tandem with our clients’ needs and interests.
*as at 31 December 2018
Who we’re looking for
We’re looking for someone to join our Reconciliations team in ensuring the integrity of custody and cash position data is maintained within our internal systems through our daily reconciliation processes. You will ensure the complete reconciliation, investigation and allocation of all breaks are completed within set SLA’s and deadlines.
You will thrive in a fast paced environment with an emphasis on meeting tight deadlines. A strong interest in learning and harnessing technology will help you with your role in the organisation.
What you will do
- Accountable for allocated portfolios, proactive investigation and timely follow up of queries arising from internal stakeholders, clients, counterparties, custodians and administrators;
- Perform custody transaction and position reconciliation against internal records;
- Maintain ownership of daily cash and stock breaks by conducting investigation on differences, and monitoring through timely resolution with processing teams and custodians/administrators;
- Perform outstanding OTC bilateral collateral and outstanding position reconciliation, outstanding fixed deposit positions, between internal and counterparty records and monitor through breaks resolution in a timely manner;
- Validate and update internal records with relevant transactions, such as fees and income;
- Work through high volumes, prioritise, and manage workload according to risk or deadlines;
- Meet the needs of our business partners and internal clients; and Assist in the training of staff; and
- Provide specialist product knowledge; contribute to department and Company initiatives and projects.
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
- Previous experience in reconciliations / investment accounting preferred
- Strong and proven investigations skills preferred (liaising with internal & external parties)
- Familiar with equities, fixed income and derivative products desired
- Proficient in basic software including MS Excel.
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
- Wider experience in Asset Management and understanding of the end to end asset lifecycle;
- Understanding of operational risks and control frameworks; and
- Prior experience of Aladdin and Tri-Optima.
What you will be like
- Good at analysing and solving problem with a strong handle on operational risk;
- Effective in managing your own time with ability to prioritise tasks appropriately;
- Open to feedback, receptive to change, challenges status quo and continually looks out for team and self-improvement opportunities;
- Excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills;
- A strong team player able to develop and manage strong working relationships with global internal departments and external counterparties; and
- Able to adapt to changes quickly and be an advocator of an enterprising culture within the team.