Ref: 119353 - Microservice Developer
Realise your full potential with Asia's leading communications group. While we take pride in our 140-year heritage, our philosophy is to always look forward and evolve. Today, we are a leader in cutting-edge ICT innovation and digital advances, powered by a vast network of offices in countries and territories across Asia Pacific, the Middle East, Europe and the USA. Come be a part of our dynamic organisation as we create the infocomms landscape of the future.
The Singtel Group is Asia's leading communications group providing a diverse range of services including fixed, mobile, data, internet, TV, infocomms technology (ICT) and digital solutions. The successful applicant will be joining Group IT as a Microservice Developer in Singapore. Key Responsibilities:
The ideal candidate should have:
- Accountable for development and execution of microservices of a coherent and aligned Integration, Billing and Customer Care delivery strategy, to achieve the year objectives.
- Ensure that projects undertaken consistently meet all aspects of quality, time and cost.
- Uses professional knowledge, experience and technical expertise to respond to questions and facilitate problem solving. Generally, advises, influences and guides customers and business partners over whom there is no direct authority
- Retain IP in heavy outsourced environment
- Develop various sourcing strategies to get the most cost effective outcome from vendors
- Ensure program/project delivery in accordance with Singtel IT strategic standards
- Accountable for quality, on-time and customer satisfaction
- Ensure architectural standards, guidelines, policies and best practices for technology and applications
- Strategic vendor management, business, IT and provider alignment.
- Maintains and forms alliances with recognized experts and with decision makers.
- Tertiary education with Degree in Computer Science, IT, software or computer engineering fields or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant IT experience, preferably with Telco experience
- Experience in managing multiple business stakeholders and vendors
- Strong understanding of architectural principles and industry standards
- Experience in delivery in a complex and high pressure environment
- Strong customer focus with a commitment to delivery of quality services
- Strong vendor management experience with successful track record of driving to an outcome
- Knowledge of telecommunication systems, technical and engineering concepts as well as business operations and processes.
- Ability to keep abreast of the new technologies with a view of implementing them to increase productivity and efficiency of the organization.
- Demonstrable background in the design, implementation, measurement and tracking of operational key performance indicators
- Detailed understanding of the end-to-end software life cycle, operational and support procedures and processes
- Strong technical background with interest and motivation to self-learn to keep abreast to technology trend and tools.
- Possess excellent communication, collaboration, presenting and influencing skills, particularly in liaison with internal & external service providers
- Self-directed and motivated to achieve project milestones
- Negotiations skills
- Possess the ability to exercise independent and effective judgment
- Strong analytical skills, meticulous, energetic, innovative, able to work well in a team and under pressure
- Good interpersonal skills, resourceful, take ownership, able to conceptualize
- Ability to generate creative solutions for work situations, encourage and embrace new and untested approaches
- Display a disciplined but flexible approach to problem solving
- Work well under pressure and to tight deadlines
If this description is exciting and you feel that you have the necessary skills and experience to make a difference, then please follow the link to apply. For more information on this and other opportunities please refer to our careers portal under https://groupcareers.singtel.com. Let's shape a better world through technology. Join us to lead the change.