Ref: 124210 - Solution Designer (Configuration - SQL)
Singtel, Asia's leading communications technology group, provides an extensive range of telecommunications and digital services to millions of consumers and businesses across Asia, Australia, Africa and the USA. With over 140 years of innovation behind us, we continue to push boundaries in our networks and services, to enrich lives and transform businesses.
Our core values - Customer Focus, Challenger Spirit, Teamwork, Integrity, and Personal Excellence - shape the way we work. We are passionate about making a difference and have an open and inclusive culture where everyone is empowered to do their best. Our diverse business means you will enjoy unique opportunities and rewarding experiences to learn and grow your career in a dynamic industry.
Join us and experience what it's like to be with an Employer of Choice*. Together, let's create a brighter digital future for all. *Awarded at the HR Fest Awards 2020 Introduction
This role is for the Core Systems department of Singtel. Core Systems is a domain covering service management, application enhancements and project delivery required for Singtel and Optus business units to run and operate their business operations for delivering service to our customers. These systems deliver customer care, ordering, service fulfilment and billing functions. We aim to deliver prompt and accurate services to customers and to ensure applications are healthy, new changes and/or configurations are deployed accurately to operation. Why work for Singtel Core Systems?
- Strong alignment with business and KPIs centered around business
- Open office space with teams co-located
- Many new things to learn and we follow latest best practices in the industry
- Attention to technical and functional excellence
- Culture of learning, coaching and mentoring
- Career growth path as engineer, analyst, architect
- Dynamic organization where change is the only constant
- Innovation is part of the yearly KPIs
The ideal candidate should possess:
- Attends requirement gathering/consult forum to understand business needs
- Provide solution design to the impacted applications. Solution walkthrough to stakeholders
- Performs build and test of the changes including creating testing scripts.
- Performs defects investigation and provides fixes for change delivered (Including production)
- Provides testing support for the application impacted during test
- Responsible for the timely delivery of the change.
- Responsible for the quality of change delivered.
- Responsible for the upkeep of application functional specification and solution document.
- Responsible to perform solution and codes review delivered by our delivery partners to ensure quality and compliance to standards
- Responsible to perform deployment of Product configuration into DV/UT/PREPROD/PROD together with GIO (Infra/DBA).
- Ability to keep abreast of the new technologies with a view of implementing them to increase productivity and efficiency of the organization.
- Required to manage our delivery partners (outsource vendor) and co-work with them to deliver the change.
- Required to work outside working hours to support production cutover.
- Required to manage and deliver urgent changes, includes providing alternative interim solution for short cycle delivery
- Required to prepare submission and attend change approval board forum for approval to cutover to production.
- Required to manage business escalation.
- Required to have development and maintenance batch programs (e.g. Java) and Database scripts (PL/SQL).
- Tertiary education with Degree in Computer Science, IT, software or computer engineering fields or equivalent.
- 1 to 3 years of relevant IT experience in design and software, preferably with Telco experience
- Development expertise in Product Catalog Configuration
- Experience in BSS applications (e.g. CRM, OMS, ODS, MEC, ABP)
- Strong in development standards and practices
- Experience in communicating and influencing at senior management
- Detailed understanding of the end-to-end software life cycle, operational and support procedures and processes
- Possess excellent communication, collaboration, presenting and influencing skills, particularly in liaison with internal & external service providers and senior leadership
- Negotiations skills
- Possess the ability to exercise independent and effective judgment
- Strong analytical skills, meticulous, energetic, innovative, able to work well in a team and under pressure
- Good interpersonal skills, resourceful, take ownership, able to conceptualize, ability to motivate and build high performing team
- Ability to generate creative solutions for work situations, encourage and embrace new and untested approaches
- Display a disciplined but flexible approach to problem solving
- Database: Oracle (SQL Developer/SQL script.
- OS: UNIX/LINUX/WIN
- Language: Java/shell script.
We believe in the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences of our people help us innovate and create strong connections with our customers. We strive to ensure all our people practices are non-discriminatory and provide a fair, performance-based work culture that is diverse, inclusive and collaborative.