An exciting new Regional Compliance Officer job has just been made available to manage the regional Compliance requirements of a global Real Estate Investment Manager.
About the Regional Compliance Officer Role:
This role is a great opportunity to be part of an excellent organisation with a strong presence in the region.
- Serving as the primary contact for the MAS in relation to compliance matters
- Developing appropriate familiarity with regulatory requirements applicable in the Asia Pacific region with particular focus on Singapore, Hong Kong, Japan, Australia and Korea
- Reviewing of client onboarding documentation, including foreign account tax compliance act (FATCA), automatic exchange of information (AEI) requirements, investor suitability, subscription agreements, side letters, investment management agreements and related compliance tracking and record keeping
- Ongoing management of the know your client (KYC) and anti-money laundering (AML) program to account for MAS requirements
- Supporting Investor Relations teams to monitor various client-specific gift and entertainment requirements and policies, applicable country and municipal "pay to play" policies, political laws and regulations
- Assist with ongoing compliance monitoring of the Asia Pacific real estate listed securities portfolio including review of IPO or secondary offering documentation to determine client eligibility and oversee fair valuation reporting for the region
- Oversight of MAS registered representatives including reviewing and confirming accuracy of Form 15 filings for registered representatives and monitoring other requirements of registered representatives
- Manage process for collecting and reviewing duplicate broker statements for all Access Persons under the firm's Code of Ethics
To succeed in this Regional Compliance Officer role, you will be a seasoned Compliance generalist who is comfortable handling a multitude of regulatory and financial crime obligations within a dynamic business environment.
- This role requires a motivated professional who has strong legal, compliance and MAS regulatory experience in the investment management industry
- At least five years' relevant compliance experience at an investment advisor or investment fund
- Degree in a finance/accounting/law discipline
- Prior experience with internal control, compliance and risk management activities
- Strong knowledge of MAS rules and regulations
- Excellent drafting skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with senior management
- Self-starter and highly organised individual able to work well in a deadline driven environment
The company has been experiencing growth and there is a newly created opportunity for a Compliance Specialist to come on board and manage all of the regulatory and Financial Crime requirements for their Asia offices.
If you have the above skills and experience and are ready to take the next step in your career, this Regional Compliance Officer role could be the one for you.
Apply today or email me for more details on this exciting new role.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1659143 Gavin Izon